Which membership type to choose?

Hi, my website is about religion and we post sermons and resources for preachers.

Right now everything is public. But I want to add a membership system that allows me to have 2 types of membership:

1- Free registered users = they can see the public posts, they can log in, edit their profile, and see some private pages.

2- Paid users = They will pay a monthly fee, they can see all the public content, edit their profile, see private pages, and I want to add a button to every public post to allow the paid users to download the content as pdf.

So, I installed membership2. But I dont know which membership type to choose. It seems like I can only choose one type, but I need both. Free and a paid membership.

I´m sorry if this is a silly question...

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Jose,

I hope you're well today and thank you for you question!

Our Membership2 Pro plugin will easily handle such scenario for you. You are not limited to only one type of membership as well as your site's users are not limited to single signup only.

Once you have you content setup you may want to create your first membership. This would be for free users so you select "Standard Membership" option, name it (for example "My Free Users"), tick the "Allow users to register for this membership, but leave the "This is paid membership" box unchecked. This way the membership will be free.

Click "save and continue", then "Finish" on a popup message and go to the

"Membership2" -> "Protected Content" page

At the top of this page there's a menu bar with memberships list. Select "My Free Members" and set rules: close access to some parts of your website if you wish.

Next step would be to create another membership, the paid one. To do this go back to "Membership2" -> "Membership" page and click on "Create new membership" button. The same screen will appear as before. Once again select "Standard membership", give it a name, tick the "Allow users to register for this membership" but this time tick also "This is a paid membership" checkbox. This will let you charge for this membership.

Click "Save and continue" and then "Finish". When you hover the cursor over the name of the membership you've just created you'll find the "payment options" link. Use it and setup payment rules. This is pretty straightforward.

Once setup, again visit "Membership2" -> "Protected Content", select this paid membership from the top menu bar and set access rules for members of this membership.

I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions on this, please ask. I'll be glad to assist!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.