Which MS plugins for both site creators and their paid site users in a network WP setup

I’m researching MS plugins for a large network WordPress install. I’m trying to get my head around the differences between Supporter and Membership and how it applies to what I am after.

The overall network site or primary domain will allow content creators to sign up and pay to create a site/blog. I need to be able to customize and control the approval process here and later their ability to add content creation users to their blogs.

The individual sites need to also be able to sign up members who sign up subscription payments and have access to content. I need most plugins and such to work at this level and be available to to all the sites. The $$$ here would go to the site creation users.

I’m sure the Membership plugin is what I want at at least one of these levels. I thought a quick question would save me a ton of time if this kind of setup has the plugins I needs available already. All the payment processing would be Paypal based most likely.

Any pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• nelnehal
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hey

you can use the supporter plugin, for users to sign up for a paid blog. supporter plugin is more like an upgrade, so users can create a free blog, then upgrade to more features such as plugins, themes and support. ofcourse if you do no want to provide them a free blog you can disable the posts and pages, so only once they are a supporter they can get access.

you can offer the membership plugin to each of your supporters, so that they can create there own membership site. so basically all supporter members in your network will have access to the membership plugin.

an alternative to the supporter plugin, is the pay to blog plugin, where users can pay and they have there own blog. then you can offer the membership plugin to them to create there own membership sites

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I’ve also been looking at this and, whilst the Pay to Blog plugin seems the best approach, I find that the Supporter plugin gives me a much better way of working with plugins and themes.

One example, is that you could select the best of your themes, and mark these as premium. By doing as nelnehal said, and disabling the posts & pages, you can then show what you consider to be the cream of the crop when it comes to plugins & themwes, and call them ‘premium’.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi everyone,

Just thought I’d add that New Blog Template can be especially useful in this case as well, since Membership can be especially complex to setup.

So with New Blog Template in this scenario, a template you create could store all the Membership settings so you can port a basic, easy to understand configuration of Membership over to sub-sites, from which the site owners can then customize to their liking.

It would give them a good way to get started, with a working example.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

Cheers,

David

• highfive
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Great info. I will especially need the New Blog Template for what I’ve been tasked with.

I have a feeling at at some point I am going to have to read through the whole list of MS plugins just to make sure I don’t miss anything. I certainly won’t absorb it all that way, but it will be good to have an overview.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.