Which of these will command full width page in Marketpress?

I don’t understand the doc that came with MarketPress. Which of these will command a full width page in the single product page view? -specifically, the page linked to from the Product List widget.

Further, what exactly needs to be done to make for full-width-page?

Single Product Page

mp_product-PRODUCTNAME.php

mp_product-PRODUCTID.php

mp_product.php

Store Page

mp_store.php

Cart/Checkout Page

mp_cart.php

Order Status Page

mp_orderstatus.php

Product List Page

mp_productlist.php

Product Category List Page

mp_category-CATEGORYSLUG.php

mp_category-CATEGORYID.php

mp_category.php

mp_taxonomy.php

mp_productlist.php

Product Tag List Page

mp_tag-TAGSLUG.php

mp_tag-TAGID.php

mp_tag.php

mp_taxonomy.php

mp_productlist.php

Global Listings – Will only work on main site/blog

Product List Page

mp_global_products.php

mp_productlist.php

Product Category List Page

mp_global_category-CATEGORYSLUG.php

mp_global_category.php

mp_global_category_list.php

Product Tag List Page

mp_global_tag-TAGSLUG.php

mp_global_tag.php

mp_global_tag_list.php

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dannyo,

Thank you for bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Your above posted information lists the pages of Market Press but they do not dictate what will make a full page or not which will indeed be relative to the theme you are using.

What is the name of the theme you are using?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dannyo,

Thank you for the additional input, it is certainly appreciated.

It appears then that since this is not a WPMU Dev theme we do not have a lead developer to assist us with the coding of your theme.

Therefore I will have to wing it recommended that you indeed custom code your theme to accomplish this and it is my opinion the best place top start will be your single.php file and removing your sidebars from it leaving just the header, footer, and other elements you want which will should certainly open up some space.

Perhaps an easier solution based upon your theme will be to employ the Market Press Grid plugin.

Cheers, Joe

• dannyo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Joe,

I have duplicated, and renamed as needed for specific plugins, my full-page-width.php and placed it in my child theme so that its presence overrides the default page template the plugin is looking for. Specifically, I did this with Fundraising, and am pretty sure I can do it again — I just don’t know what to name the file.

I am targeting the single product page. Any chance, based on that provided in the text file with MarketPress, I can learn the correct filename to do the template override?

Thanks for the Grid recommendation. I looked at the Grid plugin and it seems good, but I’m not so sure it fits the model of my site … I only have four products … and, so, I merely need to get the single product page to my liking — first step, certainly, is making that a full width page.

Thanks again!

• dannyo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Joe,

Solved. For everyone’s reference, the sidebar can be killed and content grid widened to whatever is desirable. Here’s the CSS, used page-specific.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

.page-id-3890 div#widgets.grid.col-300.fit {

display: none;

}

.page-id-3890 div#content.grid.col-620 {

margin: 0;

width: 920px;

}

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.