Which payment gateways allow me to modify active subscriptions with the Membership plugin?

I would like the ability to change the amount of a subscription for existing members periodically (an undefined or variable amount of time).
1. Is this possible?
2. If not, are there workarounds (ie. terminate subscription and have them re-enter their payment information for the new amount)?

I currently have 300+ members with 2 statuses (members & visitors). Members pay $15 quarterly for subscription. I would like to increase this amount to $20.

I know there is a means with PayPal to modify active subscriptions.
3. Is this built into the plugin?
4. Do the other gateways support this (ie. 2Checkout or Auth.net)?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello There,

Greetings and thanks for your email.

I just discussed this with my colleague @Jack Kitterhing

Using PayPal you can increase the subscription price every 180 days but 20% is the max you an increase and clients permission should be asked before doing that.

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/merchant/UpdateRecurringPaymentsProfile_API_Operation_NVP/

However, if we are talking about our Membership plugin then unfortunately it does not allow you to increase the subscription amount of active members. You can only change it for new members. The current members will need to cancel and recreate their subscription.

To the best of my knowledge no other gateways support it.

The best way I see this possible is create a new subscription plan and ask your members to subscribe to that plan and cancel the current subscription plan. You can device a good business plan by offering them a 50% discount coupon or something like that.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.