Which plugin to use to clone site and plugin

Hi,

I am trying to create a project hosting for my clients' website and every time I create a new project, I use the Cloner plugin to clone a default start point into a new site that I will use to work on the new client website.

Everything is working well except that I realise that the theme (whether is it from WPMU DEV or some other themes) is not being cloned. There may be times when I need to edit the theme specially for a single site but I do not want the edit to affect the other sites.

Is the Cloner plugin is able to clone the theme or is there some other plugins (preferably from WPMU DEV) that is able to clone a copy of the theme?

Thank you.

• Milan

Hello Adrian

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

You are right, our Cloner is not for copying files of themes or plugins installed on site. It copies site's these data,

Settings
    Custom Post Types
    Terms
    Menus
    Users
    Comments
    Attachments
    Custom tables

Based on your need, I can suggest you to use our Snapshot Pro plugin which copies themes and plugin's files. And then when you restore snapshot taken by Snapshot Pro to any of your site, themes and plugins will come with it.

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Adrian

Hi Milan,

Thank you for the solutions.

From my understanding of Snapshot Pro, it does a backup of the whole site and thus if I restore, I will be restoring the whole site (do correct me if I am wrong).

Well, unless if it can do a Snapshot of a single site (along with the theme, plugins, etc) and restore as another site, seems like it doesn't help in what I have in mind.

Thank you.
    Adrian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Adrian!

From my understanding of Snapshot Pro, it does a backup of the whole site and thus if I restore, I will be restoring the whole site (do correct me if I am wrong).

That's right. There's a difference however in how Snapshot Pro works on single and multi- site setups. On single WordPress install it can backup and restore (to the same or separate install) the whole site.

On MultiSite this is possible as well but backup/restore is done on "per-site" basis so you will want to make backup/restore for main site and all sub-sites separately. There'll be however an option added in future to backup/restore entire MultiSite in "one go", though I'm not able to give you any ETA on this.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.