Which plugins to use for this scenario?

I have three memberships: Standard, Pro, Premium.

Each membership has a setup fee plus a recurring monthly fee.

When the users sign up they can also choose add-one (one time payment).

The memberships gives access to different courses that have videos, articles, and worksheets.

I would like to do one page checkout where a user a picks a membership plan, chooses any add-ons, and enters their payment info on the same page.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rajan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Most of these goals could be achieved with Membership 2 Pro (for handling memberships) and CoursePress (for handling courses). There are a few things worth noting though:

1. Currently Membership 2 Pro doesn't support "mixed-payment" memberships, meaning setup fee + recurring payment; it'd be either "one time" or "subscription".

A workaround would be to setup each membership as "double", for example: "Membership 1 Starter" and "Membership 1" where "Membership 1 Starter" would be set as "finite access" (e.g. 1 day) for one time fee and "Membership 2) would be based on recurring payment. Then there's an option to change membership automatically upon expiration.

2. "Add on" for one time payment: this could be most likely handled by MarketPress plugin or could be setup as separate "one time payment" Membership as users are able to subscribe to multiple memberships at once.

3. I don't think it could be possible to handle this all as a "one page checkout" as although all these plugins work fine together, they still are separate plugins.

The closes workflow would be:

a) user sign up for a membership(s)

and then

b) user selects courses and addons by adding those to MarketPress shopping cart and then going to checkout (which actually is pretty much "single page").

Other than this, it would require quite serious custom coding which would be well beyond the scope of that forum, so you may want to post a question at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you have any further questions on this, please ask and I'll be happy to help!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.