Which plugins work for Standalone only vs MU/MS only vs Buddypress only

Hello, do you have a list somewhere on this site of plugins that work on regular standalone Wordpress sites? I have tried 3 plugins and they all don't work on standalone Wordpress (multisite not enabled)

Please advice.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya islandcode,

Actually many of our plugins will work in either installation!

On the sidebar of any plugin or theme you'll see an information box which contains all the info on exactly which systems the plugin is designed to work for. Let us know if you need anything further!

Thanks!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I asked you in your other thread for more information about where you were having problems. Of the two plugins you mentioned, I know one works fine on a single blog install and the other one should.

If you need help, we'll be happy to help but you need to give us more information to go on. Just telling us that things don;t work doesn't give us anything to go on and, I have to admit, just frustrates those who come here day after day trying to help each other.

If you need help, you need to help us help you.

• islandcode
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Mike and masonjames, I am sorry if I came off too strong but I did expect a high level of documentation that I should not need extra help. the blog I tried the plugins on (site wide text change and meta rebranded) are hosted on hostgator, using WP 3.0.4 - I uploaded via FTP to plugins folder, activated - logged in and out and in again - but still these plugs did not show up on the dashboard.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya islandcode,

As I mentioned on the other thread, we're currently doing a massive revision of the plugins to work more effectively from the regular plugins directory. For best results at the moment, you'll want to follow the current set of instructions and use the 'mu-plugins' directory.

When the plugins have been updated, you'll also see some new installation instructions as well.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.