Which should I choose? Pro Sites or Membership?

This will be for a WPMS/BuddyPress install.

I need to allow people to sign up for free and be members for free.

I need to be able to charge them a set fee per blog up to 4 blogs. After they are paying for 4 blogs any after that are free. I need to allow them to return lower than 4 blogs without issue.

I also entertained the idea of one free blog, then have the above scenario (1 free, 1,2,3,4+ paid.).

Which plugin should I look at getting?

Also, the Stripe gateway looks very nice, it's not available for Membership is it?
Will it be in the future?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I need to be able to charge them a set fee per blog up to 4 blogs. After they are paying for 4 blogs any after that are free. I need to allow them to return lower than 4 blogs without issue.

If your sites aim is to provide sites / blogs rather than protect content / information then go with pro-sites rather than membership.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings maxaud,

Pro Sites is the right choice for managing these sites as you have so far laid out.

You set up levels with each level offering more then the previous level which could control the amount of advertisement free sites and much more including but not limited to controlling premium plugins and themes.

I encourage you to check out Pro Sites plugin and its capabilities and from what I have read in your original post meets and exceeds the benefits you seek to incorporate into your project.

Last but not least before the close of this ticket, Pro Sites plugin does have the Stripe gateway within.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi maxaud,

My understanding is you can't limit the number of blogs created using Pro sites. The concept is normally you would limit the features on free blogs while making the features on Pro blogs attractive so that users are encouraged to upgrade.

It was originally developed for Edublogs.org where we take the approach that the more free blogs a user creates the more likely they are going to want to upgrade their blogs to Edublogs Pro.

Hope this information has helped!

Thanks!

Sue Waters
    Edublogs Support Manager

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings maxaud,

No there are no plans to integrate Stripe into the Membership plugin that I am aware of.

However, I will move this into feature requests and let the lead developer know of the request for the Stripe payment gateway to be added to the Membership plugin - though it appears that you were first asking about Pro Sites?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.