Which site is stressing the server?

My server load is high which is slowing down my multi sites. Is there a way to tell which site is slowing everyone down?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Basem,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Is there a way to tell which site is slowing everyone down?

The sure fire way is to start disabling sites during the period of heavy load and watching the server load until you disable the one that drops the server load significantly.

You would not need to leave them disabled, but doing them one at a time disabling, watching server load for several second and if no effect re-enabling the site - on to the next site.

Depending on the nature of the site and its pull on the database, during high load run the command:

mysqladmin processlist

From root and it should show which sites are pulling on the MySQL server.

Please advise how it works out and if you were indeed able to isolate which site was/is causing the high load.

Cheers, Joe

• Basem
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

How do I disable a site? I tried going to Network Admin > Sites and clicking on "Deactivate" next to the site. Even though it says it indicates that it is deactivated, the site is still live. Does this really disable it or is there another way?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Basem,

Just returned yesterday from vacation and I am following up on this ticket.

I want to thank you for your additional input here, it is greatly appreciated.

Concerning the WP Cron, does this mean you have resolved this issue now as it was server abuse?

Regarding the resource meter, this would be great I agree and you certainly have my +1 on that. Perhaps you will put it in as a new plugin request?

If you do let me know so that I can give it my +1's as well.

You can now make plugin and feature requests here:
    http://wpmudev.uservoice.com/

The more popular a request is and the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be considered.

It might have already been suggested. It is worth a quick search to add your votes before submitting a new suggestion.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.