Which theme do you recommend using with the Q&A plugin

Hi!

In your Q&A - WordPress Questions and Answers Plugin video demo, the resulting site really has a StackOverflow style. Which theme were you using? I would like to start from the same theme and customize it to my taste.

For now, I have the Q&A - WordPress Questions and Answers Plugin installed on my existing blog, but I can't see all the Q&A plugin features (like voting). I guess this is because the theme I am using is not compatible with the Q&A plugin.

One more question: Will the post from my exisiting WP blog appear like questions once the Q&A plugin will be functioning properly? Or will I have two sections in my WP site: one with normal posts, and another one with Q&As?

Best regards,

Jean-François Beauchamp

Vaughan

Hi @Jean-François,

I believe the demo is using the q&A default theme which comes with the plugin.

If you wish to make the plugin fit in more with your own theme, you can move the templates from the default-theme folder into your current themes folder Then edit them there.

Optionally, you can further customize the appearance of the Q&A section, to better integrate it with your theme.

To do so, simply copy the php files from default-templates into your theme folder and start customizing.

If you want to disable the default plugin CSS, add the following line to your theme’s functions.php file:

add_theme_support( ‘qa_style’ );

Only disable the default CSS if you wish to add your own CSS styling to your theme.

Also check that you have set the content widths & side bar widths in the settings, then hit the estimate additional CSS button, sometimes that will fix the majority of stylesheet issues.

Make sure also that you have set the correct permissions in the capabilities section in the settings too for each user role.

Not sure why the voting doesn't work, Could you grant support access in the dashboard > wpmudev > support > support access tab & I'll take a look through your setup.

Hope this helps