Which Type of Site for my domain?

Hi Support,

I was wondering if you could help me. I own a domain http://www.trainbnb.com ( not linked to airbnb whatsoever :wink: )

and I am not sure what sort of content it should have.I really want to use the plugins and themes from my WPMUDEV premium membership.

Can you please help me in trying to get a steer towards a particular type of site.

My main goals would be:

1. An authority site
2. High quality traffic
3. Make money eventually

I hope you give me some pionters or ideas.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Raghu Ramdas

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

What do you mean by "An authority site"?

For high traffic, you need to have really important content, I mean rich content. You need to promote your website, you need to SEO so that search engines can pickup your site.

And for make money, that really depends on you - how you want to earn from your website. You can create a e-commerce site if you have any products. If you don't have products, you can use amazon affiliate program. Clickbank is another popular affiliate market, they give up to 75% commission on each sale. If you are a good writer, you can create a blog site and earn by selling your content, in this case our Membership plugin is very useful. Also, you can use google adsense or any third party ad in your site.

If you search in google you will get tons of ideas about it :slight_smile:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+earn+money+with+website&oq=how+to+earn+money+with+website&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Raghu Ramdas
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Martin.

My main predicament is when someone hears of a site like http://www.trainbnb.com, what are they expecting to see and how can I make it a big brand.Sorry for asking such a broad question:

What i mean by "Type" is should it be

1. Curated Content Blog site on say for example "Best Training courses on a few niches" or "Train travel" etc etc... because the domain name has "trainbnb"

2. Should it be a membership site

3. or should I run a site like edublogs.org

Your suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks
    Raghu

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Raghu,

I agree with the direction Ash points out. Ultimately, your site success will depend on how much effort you can put into it, so to create an authority site you will need to keep it within scope of the authority and desire you possess.

I think you will end up with a membership site with a free section and a get paid section because people usually want to see an example and find value in what they are getting before they are willing to depart with their hard earned cash.

Your answer to those questions will define on your next steps.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Martin

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

I think you will end up with a membership site with a free section and a get paid section because people usually want to see an example and find value in what they are getting before they are willing to depart with their hard earned cash.

I think @Martin got a good point here.

@Raghu Ramdas:
    Membership site and edublog site are different. If you want to sell your content (of course with some free content that attracts users like tutsplus) you will need membership. But if you want to have a site like edublogs, then you need Pro Sites plugin to maintain your network, you need to provide some services to your users. Note that, now a days, there are so many network site in the market.

To make a BIG brand, you really need to put much effort on it. As I said in my earlier post, you really need to make rich content for it. You need to do lots of SEO for it. A popular way is to use google sniper. Though, I never used this technique but I heard it's very useful to be at top of the search result. You may want to advertise your site with google. Also, you need to socialize your site so that anyone can know about your content/service from social networking sites.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.