while working with multi-db and updating my db-config.php

while working with multi-db and updating my db-config.php file starting from line 23
// Usage: add_global_table(TABLE_NAME)
// EX: add_global_table('something');
add_global_table('uploadme_wpmu_global');

the line above is my updated settings,

and also my this statement line below is what my updated settings, is the line below correct?

add_db_server('global', 'dc1', 1, 1,'','localhost', 'uploadme_wpmu_global', 'db_user_name', 'db_user_name_pass');

I created a database "uploadme_wpmu_global" within cpanel/MySQL are both of these lines correct?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Orlando,

I want to answer the following question that you have asked on <a href="would you please elaborate on this, or send me a url/info on this, so I may better understand this
    "add_global_table accepts table name as a parameter and not database name"">this thread as i think it is related to this topic.

would you please elaborate on this, or send me a url/info on this, so I may better understand this
    "add_global_table accepts table name as a parameter and not database name"

I wanted to just make it clear that you have posted the following code in your question
    add_global_table('uploadme_wpmu_global');
    and the function add_global_table takes table name as a parameter, in the above code you have passed 'uploadme_wpmu_global' as a parameter so the 'uploadme_wpmu_global' should be table name.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• wp.network
    • The Bug Hunter

@Vinod Dalvi

@Orlando seems to be doing what the usage page screenshot implies they should do in their original code example above.

This confusion is what I've been trying to call attention to here.

See the 'Global Tables' section of the usage page screenshot attached below.

It seems to match the idea of adding the following at line 25 in one's db-config file
    add_global_table('dbname_global');
    (where 'dbname' is replaced with one's actual database name, followed by '_global')

Also, in several of @Orlando's earlier posts their IP seemed to be entered in full in the 'DC IPs' section of their db-config without mention by WPMUDev staff. (ig. 127.0.0.1 instead of 127.0.0.) Could this be causing some of their seemingly continuing issues?

Regards,
    Max

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.