White Screen after Batch Create Execution

Hello, I have setup a multisite template through the blog template plugin, and all settings were to my liking. I then used the batch create plugin to create 127 sites that were identical to the one I created. Upon completion, the script tries to show the updated page, but only a white page is produced. I tried this process yesterday also, and the same result happened. Please assist. These pages must be live by the end of the weekend for teacher staff development.

• Carl

Sorry... On further review, it appears that it is not all accounts that are presented with a blank screen. Only the super administrators, that have been added to every site are presented with blank screens. Regular the users added through Batch create are able to login, and as long as a super user is not logged in, all pages are visible... I assume this has something to do with some sort of memory or query limit, but I'm unsure of where to look for that answer. PHP memory limit is set to 300MB, so I assume that should be totally sufficient. The server is an on-campus dedicated system that is running NGINX on CentOS 6.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Carl,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

So it's only showing blank white screen if the super admin is logged in? When you're not logged in, then you can see the pages normally?

Have you checked your server error logs? Often that will show an error or warning that will give us a hint. If you don't have a server error log then you can use wp_debug's log - if it's not already set up then add these constants to your wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false ); // optional - stops errors/warning from displaying on frontend

Once you have those in there then reproduce the white screen a couple times then check your /wp-content/debug.log - the debug.log is created after setting up the constants above.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Carl

Hi Tyler,
    It doesn't seem to be throwing any errors. I checked my server logs, and they are good for the time frame, and I did the wordpress debug option just to be sure, and it isn't even generating a debug.log file.

And yes, the white screen only shows when I'm logged in with either of the super accounts that would have a full "My Sites" listing for everyone's page. If I login as the owner of a specific page, all works like normal (mostly... the logo doesn't seem to have carried over in the template settings, but that is far less of a concern).

• Tyler Postle

Hey Carl,

Would you be able to send in your FTP and create us a super admin account or provide us credentials for an existing one? Then we can troubleshoot this further :slight_smile:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Look forward to hearing back! By the way, did it create all 127 sites when you did the batch create? In addition to the memory limit, there could of been timeout issues.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.