White Screen Of Death After MarketPress Upgrade

Hello,

All was working fine and then upgrades killed the site which was running MarketPress and GridMarket.

http://moodukkwanmall.com

After deactivating all plugins, the conflict is between MarketPress and GridMarket.

Only using a different theme allows MarketPress to run.

With only the MarketPress plugin active, then activating GridMarket results in white screen of death.

I rolled back to older versions of MarketPress, Frame Market and GridMarket and they get along fine with each other, but somebody among the new versions is not playing nice.

Upgrading results in White Screen of Death.

Can somebody please figure out the culprit and fix it?

Thanks,
Phil D

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Phil.

I just tested on my install and I'm not getting a WSoD.

This only happens when you're using the latest GridMarket (moved from FrameMarket) and the latest MP?

Are you doing anything custom in GridMarket?

Could you please check your servers error_log on your server to see what the output for the error is. This should help us to narrow in on the issue.

To output the WordPress debugging information you can open your wp-config.php file and change:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You can also have these errors output to a debug.log file located in your /wp-content/ folder, to do this add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Using WP_DEBUG would put the errors on the site, you can hide those and just have them out put the WP_DEBUG_LOG (if set to true) by using this as well:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Always hard to debug when we can't recreate the issue, please let me know what you find.

Take care.

• SooBahkDo

Hello,

No customizations at all.

I downgraded to a previous Marketpress version on the production site and functionality was restored. I then installed it on a test site with only a couple of other plugins active and experienced the following:

On a test WP 3.9.1 Multisite network when activated on one sub site with debug enabled and Marketpress 2.8.9 enabled and FrameMarket/Gridmarket theme 1.4.9.4 enabled the following debug message appears upon activation.

Strict Standards: Declaration of MP_Gateway_PIN::order_confirmation_email() should be compatible with MP_Gateway_API::order_confirmation_email($msg, $order) in /home/blogcrop/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway/pin.php on line 485 Strict Standards: Declaration of MP_Gateway_Simplify::order_confirmation_email() should be compatible with MP_Gateway_API::order_confirmation_email($msg, $order) in /home/blogcrop/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway/simplify.php on line 379

Marketpress will not deactivate. It must be removed via FTP in order to deactivate it.

Phil D

• SooBahkDo

Hi Vaughn,

I was using the lower plugin version because upgrading resulted in the WSOD.

I have since upgrade the theme and plugin to the newest version and just tried upgrading the plugin again and now there is no WSOD, but the checkout button fails to find the checkout page and returns a 404 on the network main site rather than http://moodukkwanmall.com

http://soobahkdo.biz/store/shopping-cart/

Downgrading to the lower plugin version with no other changes restores functionality.

Is there a setting or option that I need to check with respect to this issue?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.