White Screen of death following humming bird update

Hi every time I update to the latest version of hummingbird my wordpress dashboard turns into the white screen of death. Every plugin running on the site as well as the latest version of Wordpress are all up to date. If I roll it back to the previous version it fixes the issue.

Anyone else having these issues?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Rob,

Sorry to hear you're having such issues with the latest release, I don't think there was similar reports so far.

Can you enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Update Hummingbird again in order to see white screen again and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rob Watson

Hi I've now enabled this and the error logs are showing up.

Note: I've rolled back Hummingbird to regain access to my dashboard. This morning I updated defender and it resulted in a 500 error across my entire site so I then deleted Hummingbird and the 500 error cleared, but the latest version of defender is leaving the backend with the white screen of death.

The plugin collapsing-archives I have also deleted as I see it's causing a lot of errors within the logs.

Edit: Getting an error regarding the mime type for both .txt and .zip when I update the log file for you to view

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rob!

As for uploading the log files. You should be able to add them if you rename them to .txt unless the file is too big. In that case you may upload them to any file storage cloud (e.g. your Google Docs or Dropbox) and share private download link with us here.

Please also go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in your site's dashboard and click on "System Info" button then switch to "WordPress" tab and scroll it all the way down. Let me know about the value of "WP_MEMORY_LIMIT" (not to be confused with "WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT").

Best regards,
    Adam

• Rob Watson

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the response.

Due to time restraints right now I've not got time to sort this properly so I've had to remove the plugins for the time being which I know I shouldn't but I believe both issues are related to using old themes / coding standards within the themes. The same issue has also happened on another site I wanted to install Defender on.

I'll be rebuilding the main site this is happening to next month which should fix the issue so I'll be marking this resolved for the time being

Thanks again

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.