White Screen of Death on Pro Sites Upgrade as User

Thanks for your time.

When my user (Editor) clicks on "+ Pro Upgrade" they get a white screen of death. All other plugins have been disabled and this behavior persists.

How do I fix this?

• Vaughan

Hi @chris,

I can't replicate this on my own site.

Can you check your site error_logs? Look for an error_log file in either your root (the folder containing wp-config.php)

Or check in /wp-admin/ folder.

Alternatively add the following to wp-config

// Tell WordPress to log everything to /wp-content/debug.log
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Turn off the display of error messages on your site
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Then set WP_DEBUG to true

Now ask your user (editor) to try again.

If he still get's the whitepage. You should now find a debug.log file in the wp-content/ folder.

Paste the errors from that log file (if any).

Thanks

• Chris

Thanks.

ls -al shows no error_log or error_logs file in the directory where wp-config.php resides or in /wp-admin

After adding at line 73:

//
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ); // delete this
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false ); // delete this

and changing line 73 (now line 78) to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true ); // keep this but turn it off when done debugging

...I still have no debug.log file in wp-content as per ls -al

I want to get you this log data but I don't know how besides this method. What am I doing wrong?

PS: I'm tracing through your code in the hooks of pro-sites.php and the redirect appears to fire fine, but after it gets to http://mysite.mydomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?bid=2 everthing goes to hell and I have no idea what hook fires next. Can you also give me some insight into this so I can continue debugging on my own while we work out this support ticket? It might make both our jobs easier.

• Chris

Oh good the website finally works again since there is no support via email as I was told today. I'm not even mad.

We can reproduce this problem predictably on every new installation of Pro Sites on a fresh VPS with vanilla settings whether on Apache or Nginx (Nginx is my server of choice).

We just get a White Screen of Death. Is there a step I need to do between installing Pro Sites to my MultiSite installation and having the "+ Pro Upgrade" button work?

It looks like it's redirecting to a page known as "psts-checkout" which appears to invoke checkout.js but all we get in that wp_redirect process is a blank admin screen at mydomain.mysite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?bid=N where N is the blog id.

Please advise.

PS: I got the debug.log in /wp-content working and nothing is dumped to it at all upon an Editor clicking "+ Pro Upgrade"

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Chris,

Hope you're well today, we appreciate your patience on this, we currently have a couple of staff members offline due to recent family bereavement, we're working to get everything done ASAP. :slight_smile:

I haven't been able to replicate this myself on my own install, can you send me through the following so I can debug on one of the installs your having issues with?

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include cPanel (for database access).
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Chris

Jack,

Much obliged and I'm sorry to hear about the struggles your team is experiencing, and I wish you all the best through it with minimal hardship.

I'm setting up a new VPS with our basic platform and waiting for the domain name to propagate. I'll have it up and running within a few hours contingent on that, and then you'll have full access. I'll shoot you the email when it's up and conscious.

Thanks again.