White screen upon plugin activation

I tried to activate this plugin as well as the Comments + plugin and both times I got the white screen of death.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Kristen,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having

It's working fine on my test site.

Can you please try temporary enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting on white screen of death when you activate these plugins so that i can help you to resolve this issue.

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Kristen

I lied... it worked with the PopOver plugin, but then I tried the Comments Plus and this is what I get on the white screen:

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdcp_Model in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php on line 13

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdcp_CommentsWorker in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_comments_worker.php on line 9

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdcp_AdminFormRenderer in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_admin_form_renderer.php on line 10

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdcp_AdminPages in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_admin_pages.php on line 12

Strict Standards: Non-static method Wdcp_AdminPages::serve() should not be called statically in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/comments-plus.php on line 81

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php:13) in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 49

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthSignatureMethod_HMAC_SHA1 in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/themes/domag/Lioit/functions/OAuth.php on line 120

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Kristen,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

The warnings and strict standards are ok, the issue is coming from your theme with this fatal error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthSignatureMethod_HMAC_SHA1 in /home/dishingm/public_html/dishingpc.com/wp-content/themes/domag/Lioit/functions/OAuth.php on line 120

This is most likely as they both make use of the OAuth library (your theme and our plugin) and they declare the same class.

Could you send me your theme please to contact(at)wpmudev.org with the subject line Attn: Jack Kitterhing, also include a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.