White screen when Event+ activated

Dear all.
I did this afternoon an update on a website using Events+ (+ some other plugin). During the update of WP I get an 500 error (who disappear when I deactivate via FTP all plugins).
After that I re-activate one by one the different plugins and it seems that :
- If events+ is deactivated , all plugins works together
- if I activate Event+ I can't access to the content "all pages": all Galleries, all articles, all Events....even if I activate only Events+ and not the other plugins
no problem to see the categories pages or setting pages, I can also see the content of Sort page of Events+

The visualisation of the site is also degraded : may be a consequence of this problem.

Could you help me ? (I'm in charge of this site since this morning and after the first update all is destroy......bad luck.....
Waiting from your solution !

Christine Bonnaire

• Rupok

Hi Christine Bonnaire , hope you had a wonderful day.

During the update of WP I get an 500 error

As you said, your update was interrupted, some files may be damaged, or some tables may be corrupted in database. Can you fully uninstall Events+ and then install again? Please note, this may remove all your existing events in database.

If the problem continuous after doing this, can you turn on debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• CB

One question (as I 'm a complete newbie in WPMUDEV) :
    When I update yesterday the website, the setup ask me to connect the wpmudev dashboard.
    The site was not develop by me and the developer has actually no connection with my client : so I created (or reactivated) an wpmudev account . But I did not yet add a site in my dashboard : could it be the problem ?
    I notice also that the dash
    When I activate wpmudev dashbord (and/or other wpmudev plugins) I get a withe screen on the front site.

• Rupok

Hi CB, hope you had a wonderful day.

Well, I just checked your log file, but could not find anything that helps regarding this issue. As you said "If events+ is deactivated , all plugins works together" and "if I activate only Events+ and not the other plugins no problem to see the categories pages or setting pages", it seems like a plugin conflict. Events+ is conflicting with some other plugin. Can you deactivate all plugins except Events+ (Everything works at this state as you said) and then enable other plugins one by one? Please note after activating which plugin you can't access your pages anymore. That plugin is conflicting with Events+ . You can get more idea about this plugin conflict test from this article: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I created (or reactivated) an wpmudev account . But I did not yet add a site in my dashboard : could it be the problem ?

I'm not sure about the scenario. You created or reactivated a WPMU DEV Account but didn't install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? If you install WPMU DEV Dashboard and login inside it, your site gets automatically added in your "My Websites" section. Can you try installing WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, login there and then updating again?

When I activate wpmudev dashbord (and/or other wpmudev plugins) I get a withe screen on the front site

As your debug data is not showing anything specific, can you change the following:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    To
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true ); ?
    This will show the error on your front site while you are getting white screen. Please let us know that error.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• CB

Hi Rupok

Many thanks to take care of my problem !

If I deactivate all plugins except Events+ -> nothing works... error log in attachment on the dashboard and error 500 on the front site.

since 2014 events+ was activated with the other plugins and worked well together. It's only when I did the update of WP and of plugins that the conflict problem arrived.

I'm not sure that I use well wpmudev plugins (I never used them before) may be its a wrong undestanding of my side.... for example do I need wpmudev dashboard to use Events+ ? I don't know if the previous account (of the previous webmaster) is still active or if it's now deactivate? or disconnected form the site....

Any way , If I don't find a solution today, I must restore files and database from 3 days ago because the site must be online and in order to work.... but it seems that I will have the same problem next update...

Get in touch
    have a nice day !

Christine

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Christine,

I'm not sure that I use well wpmudev plugins (I never used them before) may be its a wrong undestanding of my side.... for example do I need wpmudev dashboard to use Events+ ?

No. Events+ will work without the WPMU DEV Dashboard activated - but without plugin activated and account logged in there, you will not be able to update it automatically when new version will be released (you still be able to do that manually - through the FTP - while your subscription on WPMU DEV is valid).

So at this moment you rolled back everything to state before update?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? I would like to check your settings.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia