Whitelist IPs Incorrect

When using the update functionality, the site recommends whitelisting: 66.135.49.214. It looks like anther server or servers is being used.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Joe

Would you please whitelist the following addresses in your Hosting Control panel? If you do not have access to your server’s firewall, you may need to contact your hosting provider to have these whitelist rules applied.

premium.wpmudev.org

Please let us know how it goes after these have been whitelisted. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Joe

We have no known issue in WPE regarding the update process. We have lots of members on WPE platform using our service.

I have also checked with one of our colleagues Dimitris and he confirmed it working too.

So, would you please contact your host WPE if they have any firewall on your server which is blocking our IPs? Please note that, you can’t whitelist IPs for firewall from your WP dashboard.

Please send them the set of IPs that James sent above. Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Joe
    • New Recruit

We sent them the whitelist and we’ve been successful in setting up our production sites but our DEV and STAGING sites seem to still be hitting the HTTP Auth wall even though they’ve added those IPs to the Firewall whitelist.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Joe

Now, that explains everything. If you have HTTP Auth, then the update from hub won’t work, it will always fail as it can’t connect to your site for the update process. You have to remove the HTTP Auth to update from hub.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Tony G
    • Mr. LetsFixTheWorld

PMJI – When my sites are in development I often keep them behind a simple .htpasswd challenge. Of course this doesn’t work with the hub. I’d gladly change this mechanism to something that Automate can use.

Which brings me to… Automate operates as a client to our servers. Has anyone there considered allowing sites to operate as clients to the Hub as a server, to initiate downloads, followed by updates? That would eliminate all of these auth problems, and also allow us to schedule our own site updates, as Automate’s random access doesn’t always update at opportune times.

Thanks.

• Joe
    • New Recruit

I was able to work with WP Engine and we were able to finally set up an set of NGINX rules that allow and deny based on IP. Luckily I have a VPN to hide behind so we were able to remove the .htaccess password and just whitelist the VPN with the other addresses as well!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.