WHMCS 6.3 Compatibility with WHMCS WP Integration

I have recently upgraded to WHMCS 6.3 and probably should have asked about compatibility prior to doing so but here we are...

After upgrading, a client noticed that the services are not showing on the client side. All that is shown is a spinning wheel that says "loading". I believe there were some updates to the search which may be causing the problem. I was able to confirm the bug on my site in Google Chrome.

I am also running the current version of http://www.wbteampro.com project management plugin as well.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Best regards,
David

• Michael Bissett

Hey WebDoc, Michael here! :slight_smile:

I can look into this further on my own test site, but I'll need a few things from you first:

- Is the page where you're seeing this happen on this one:

http://domain.com/whmcs-page/whmcsportal/clientarea.php/?action=services

(domain.com being your domain, and whmcs-page being the page where you inserted the [wcp_content] shortcode)

And can you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include WHMCS admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include WHMCS client login details (so I can reproduce this over on my own end)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey WebDoc,

From doing my own looking into this, the problem boils down to the version of jQuery that WordPress uses, vs. the one that WHMCS itself uses.

WordPress uses version 1.11.3, whereas WHMCS uses 1.11.1, and there's just enough of a difference between the two versions that the jQuery code that WHMCS is trying to use doesn't work with the jQuery library that WordPress has.

The decision for WHMCS to use a different jQuery version is in their control, but as for what we can do in the meantime, we can have WordPress use the older version of jQuery:

function wpmudev_jquery_workaround() {
        wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
        wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery', '//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.1.min.js', array(), '1.11.1' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wpmudev_jquery_workaround' );

I've implemented this workaround as a mu-plugin on your site, can you confirm that it's working properly on your end? I'm seeing that it's working over on my end.

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.