Whmcs and Multisite and Cpanel

Whmcs and using multisite and the provision and integration plugins for whmcs. In the 1st year or so I will be making all the orders thru whmcs with the customer in front of me. Can or will I be able to chose whether I want certain clients to order and use the wp multisite creation route and or create a Cpanel in WHM?

What I am trying to do is, I am selling seo/online listing management with a templated site or a custom site. The templated sites are all the same look with the standard business information and a domain to be used with wp multisite. The custom sites can be there own Cpanel and there own WordPress install.

I believe I have everything installed in all directions, if this can all be done, I may need help with settings. Whmcs is on its own subdomain. WordPress is installed as a root of the domain. Plugins are all installed in whmcs and WordPress.

Your support is appreciated.

Thanks,

• Vaughan

hi @nate,

Yes I believe you can choose either, the WHMCS provision allows you to sell multisite blogs via your WHMCS. But you can still have WHMCS sell CPanel hosting too, they are each setup as different products, so you can still do both, however, it will not let you sell a CPanel hosting account & automatically install a wordpress site, the provisioning plugin is inherently designed to sell sites/blogs on an already preinstalled multisite. I'm no expert on WHMCS though, let me just ask the developer for clarification on this for you.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan

hi @nate,

Yes I believe you can choose either, the WHMCS provision allows you to sell multisite blogs via your WHMCS. But you can still have WHMCS sell CPanel hosting too, they are each setup as different products, so you can still do both, however, it will not let you sell a CPanel hosting account & automatically install a wordpress site, the provisioning plugin is inherently designed to sell sites/blogs on an already preinstalled multisite. I'm no expert on WHMCS though, let me just ask the developer for clarification on this for you.

Hope this helps

• Nate

Yes, Thanks for reaching out to a developer I don't need it to auto create a wordpress in Cpanel. Just create the cpanel for the the domain. So if we chose multisite am I able to create a page from a template already pre designed in the mutlisite enviroment and could it fill in content on that new page from the order form from whmcs. example.. Business Name, Address, Phone, hours and a logo?

Thanks,

• Arnold

You should be able to create separate products in WHMCS, some for the Multisite and others for cPanel type installs. You can even combine domain and multisite in one package selling a domain that will be hosted on Multisite. There would be no need for a cPanel there because the Multsite is already hosted. Just updates the name servers for the new domain.

You can use a New Blog templates to create a template site installation that could be copied to any new sites created. You would not be able to pass data to it though. They would need to fill out specifics once the site was created on the site.

To simplify you could use a plugin like http://webwrights.com/policy-pack/ It creates a set of shortcodes for the Contact info they input. You could use the shortcodesin the templates to display the pieces in the template and any defined pages like contact US.

• Nate

Once I get this going I will check out your policy plugin. seems handy.

As of now I wondering if I have everything setup correctly?

I have the whmcs installed on the root of store.muellerlocal.com and wordpress multisite on the root of muellerlocal.com. I belive I have all the files in the correct Directories. One step I was confused by was this: Installation of WHMCS Modules
    Copy the whmcs/Modules directory over your Modules directory in your WHMCS installation.
    This adds a Server Module named "whmcs_multisite" and an Addon module named "whmcs_multisite".
    WHMCS Server Module configuration
    But I think i did it right.

I am seeing the following screenshot for addons. and this is what I have for server settings in whmcs. I must be getting close to being able to operate now?

Thanks for your input

• Arnold

Looks close but different than my reference site. See image below.

The files for the modules are setup properly nested, so that if you copy the /whmcs/modules/ directory in the plugin to overwrite your WHMCS modules directory, both modules should end up in the right place. Take a look at the directory structure there and you should see what it's doing.

Here's what my Setup > Addons page looks like on WHMCS

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.