WHMCS and Multisite hosting, can I put it all on the main domain?

Hi,
I'm new to all of this but I want to use WHMCS for a customer/user area, and I want to use my main wordpress site/the domain where I installed Multisite, so that I can use a WordPress theme on this domain for the entire site setup, ordering, customer settings etc.
Can I do this?
I'm not sure how it all fits together, I was thinking I would figure it out along the way, but I'm confused :disappointed:
I decided not to keep going until I know if what I want is possible, and maybe in which order I should set things up.

I hope I am explaining it well enough.

Thank you and have a nice day :slight_smile:
Lykke

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Lykke,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Are you looking to use this plugin for you setup?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-wordpress-integration/

This will use some of the basic styling and take most of the look from the theme used but there will probably be some CSS tweaks required to make it look as you wanted.

You can find more info about plugin usage here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-wordpress-integration/#product-usage

Let us know if that is what you are looking for.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Lykke

Hi again,
    Thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile: I'm very well, hope you are too!

Yes I plan to use that plugin to integrate with WHMCS, I just wasn't sure if it would work right from the main domain - should I install WHMCS as network administrator or administrator of the main site? I want the access to client portal on the main site..

And one other thing I don't fully understand. I get that you can purchase domains through WHCMS and a reseller which is just amazing and sounds easy, but I am not fully clear about what happens exactly when they click "Buy" or "Get started" on my site, I would like them to go straight to a page where they can setup their wordpress site (login info, choose theme etc.), or maybe go in different directions depending upon product choice, maybe the point of signing up with WHMCS first, is that you can get a domain before you get a site?
    I want to offer free solutions and paid solutions, so I would love if they could create a site super quickly, and not have to go through a complicated customer registration (address and everything) payment info will scare of free users.

I hope you get the question in that?

Thank you for the link to the guide, not sure I understand all of it, but I probably will, once I get to setting it up. First I still need to understand the structure of it all, before I go ahead and create a mess :wink:

Thanks again
    Lykke

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Lykke,

I hope you're well today!

Yes I plan to use that plugin to integrate with WHMCS, I just wasn't sure if it would work right from the main domain - should I install WHMCS as network administrator or administrator of the main site? I want the access to client portal on the main site..

This makes little difference, actually. The main value of network-wide install is that shortcodes and widgets would be available for all sites of your network. However, if I understand you correctly, you may want to turn your attention to our WHMCS MU Provisioning plugin instead.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/

Take a look at its description and let me know what do you think about it, please!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Lykke

Hi Adam,
    Thank you, that makes sense. There are many plugins integrating with WHMCS, and I imagined they would all be needed.

Well I guess if the shortcodes are available on all sites, I could actually put the client portal on the main site, while installing network wide, is that right?
    (But doesn't this risk that someone else creates a client login on their personal site?)

I have more questions.. : o)

I have specified my product ideas but haven't defined products or the exact business model, because I don't see the full picture. I feel a little annoying just asking you about it all, - but you know so much :expressionless: and mainly because I can be certain the info is correct.

1. I think you skipped my second (very long) question 2 messages back, the text after what you quoted. That part is important to understand.
    I'll try shorter:
    What happens exactly when they click "Buy" or "Get started" on my site, when I use WHMCS?
    Is it possible that you can choose
    A. Create free site super quickly no customer registration (but then how do they become customers)
    B. Purchase something right away and setup the site in that process as well?

2. I keep reading "Hosting solution", but in the description I see a solution where you can create your own wordpress site, and buy domains and other things through WHMCS, or as I understand you can use Pro Sites plugin to just make sales of stuff inside admin area. (That can be combined as I understand). But hosting normally includes having database and ftp access to your website, is this possible? It makes an alarming difference to what the service can be.

3. About Pro Sites plugin. If I am using it to sell inside admin panel, will I need to have 2 different payment gateways, one through WHMCS and one for payment for Themes, plugins and space?

Thanks for all your time and help! Really!

Lykke

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Lykke,

I hope you're well today and I'm sorry for the delay on my side!

Well I guess if the shortcodes are available on all sites, I could actually put the client portal on the main site, while installing network wide, is that right?
    (But doesn't this risk that someone else creates a client login on their personal site?)

As you're the main "operator"/admin of the entire business, it's up to you what rules will you set. You may allow users to use only certain modules/features so you're in full control of an entire environment.

1. I think you skipped my second (very long) question 2 messages back, the text after what you quoted. That part is important to understand.
    I'll try shorter:
    What happens exactly when they click "Buy" or "Get started" on my site, when I use WHMCS?
    Is it possible that you can choose
    A. Create free site super quickly no customer registration (but then how do they become customers)
    B. Purchase something right away and setup the site in that process as well?

It seems that I've indeed skipped on of your questions, I'm sorry for this!

Users will have to register one way or another, as setting up a hosting account and/or site without registration at all isn't possible. Of course you may want to offer free sites but even then your customers will have to register in order to be able to make use of one of the services you offer.
    You should be able to shorten and ease-up this process as much as possible and in case of WordPress sites our Pro Sites plugin will be of help here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

2. I keep reading "Hosting solution", but in the description I see a solution where you can create your own wordpress site, and buy domains and other things through WHMCS, or as I understand you can use Pro Sites plugin to just make sales of stuff inside admin area. (That can be combined as I understand). But hosting normally includes having database and ftp access to your website, is this possible? It makes an alarming difference to what the service can be.

The idea here is that in order to use this plugin at all you first need to obtain WHMCS itself (please take a look here: http://www.whmcs.com/

This is an essential step in getting all this to work. WHMCS itself should let you run a hosting business (unless your hosting provider doesn't prohibit its usage) but with our plugin you'll be able to
    - manage most of this directly from your Multisite WP
    - automate the business even more by harnessing the power of Multisite WP
    - additionally allow your users to automatically setup their own WordPress sites (including premium themes/plugins and their own domains).

3. About Pro Sites plugin. If I am using it to sell inside admin panel, will I need to have 2 different payment gateways, one through WHMCS and one for payment for Themes, plugins and space?

Pro Sites plugin integrates well with WordPress WHMCS Multisite Provisioning plugin so "once that is done, clients will be able to purchase Pro Sites plans as products through WHMCS, upgrading, downgrading and canceling plans as they like." (as stated in WHMCS Multisite Provisioning docs).

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.