WHMCS Automatic Setup Failed

Hello,

I get this error each time I try to make a new order : Error: Connection Error: 3 - No URL set!

The automatic setup fail.

I'll attach some screenshots to verify my config.

the screenshot 1,2 and 3 are the config.
the screenshot 4 is the pending order, as you see the username is missing !!

the error i receive as email is : Connection Error: 3 - No URL set!

in the plugin Remote WHMCS host, I put the domain name where WHMCS is hosted.

Can you help ?

• marlive
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Arun,

I do not think it's a WHMCS problem.
    When I let peoples use subdomains ( show domain registration options ) and they choose their desired subdomains, whmcs generate a username.

But the automatic setup fail.

I use the latest version of WHMCS (5.1.2)

I think you have to update the 2 whmcs_multisite.php files.

Best regards

• marlive
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I was checking the code ( \whmcs\modules\servers\whmcs_multisite\whmcs_multisite.php )

line 69 : $curl_error = "Connection Error: " . curl_errno($ch) . ' - ' . curl_error($ch);

it's a curl error ! as I receive : Connection Error: 3 - No URL set!

the error n° 3 of curl is : CURLE_URL_MALFORMAT.

please check it.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Well your plugin is responding at the wordpress site.

The error means that url sent to cURL was malformed somehow, I note the screen shot of your settings is noty valid. I assume you changed it for privacy.

For the server, do you have it set to SSL (https) ? If you do, that is giving forbidden errors on your wordpress..

• marlive
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Arnold,

yes, I changed the details for privacy, I use the right serttings in my website.

My server don't use SSL, and it don't give any errors.

and yes, it's a curl error "Connection Error: 3 - No URL set!" wich is CURLE_URL_MALFORMAT

maybe because there is a "-" in my domain name ?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Basically it means it sent something and what it got back was not what it expected. I've just uploaded 1.0.4 which has a logging function added which will show you what was sent and what was received. You set it upo in WHMCS under Utilitie | Log | Module Logs | Enable Debug Logging. That should show you more about what's happening.

• marlive
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

ok, now I'm getting this error :
    Connection Error: 28 - Operation timed out after 30 seconds with 0 bytes received

here is the response from the log :

Array
    (
        [0] =>
        [1] => Array
            (
                [url] => http://mysite.com
                [content_type] =>
                [http_code] => 0
                [header_size] => 0
                [request_size] => 845
                [filetime] => -1
                [ssl_verify_result] => 0
                [redirect_count] => 0
                [total_time] => 30.014203
                [namelookup_time] => 0.013408
                [connect_time] => 0.013602
                [pretransfer_time] => 0.013703
                [size_upload] => 0
                [size_download] => 0
                [speed_download] => 0
                [speed_upload] => 0
                [download_content_length] => 0
                [upload_content_length] => 0
                [starttransfer_time] => 0
                [redirect_time] => 0
            )

[2] => Connection Error: 28 - Operation timed out after 30 seconds with 0 bytes received
    )

the request from the log :
    whmcs%5Baction%5D=create&whmcs%5Bdomain%5D=wmeisteru&whmcs%5Btitle%5D=WP+MU+Meister+Blog&whmcs%5Buser_name%5D=meister&whmcs%5Bpassword%5D=Am5dKgk684&whmcs%5Bemail%5D=meister%40mymail.net&whmcs%5Blast_name%5D=makaveli&whmcs%5Bfirst_name%5D=makaveli&whmcs%5Bdefault_role%5D=administrator&whmcs%5Bupload_space%5D=&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Buser_login%5D=Meister&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Buser_password%5D=MyPass&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bremember%5D=0&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bwhmcs_client_id%5D=2&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bwhmcs_service_id%5D=158&whmcs%5Bcredentials%5D%5Bwhmcs_product_id%5D=155

Hope this help analysing the problem.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

So you send what looks like a good command and it gets a timeout with no response, hence the error message.

Now your plugin is installed, I can get it to respond from here, What it looks like is you may have your loopback firewalled. Some hosts do this. They block anything on your server from reading anything else on the same server.

So if you had a browser on that server and tried to look at your site you wouldn't get anything. From outside everything works fine. The host considers this a security protection probably on a shared server so other people on the same server can't get in your stuff. But it locks you out as well.

This will have to be explored with your hosting company.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

If I go to http://mjz-morneg.com/?whmcs it responds with a json error {"error":""} which shows the plugin is responding correctly at Wordpress.

The data you sent me shows that the right stuff was sent out the port but nothing responded, not even an error message from Wordpress. You got a timeout. So the sending address may be wrong or it may not be letting X communicate with Y for whatever reason.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.