WHMCS Integration: Too many redirects.

I have been testing the WHMCS Integration by trying to place some test orders. I have added a domain transfer to my cart and tried to add hosting as well. When I "Click to Continue" I get the message "WHMCS Integration: Too many redirects." and cannot go any further.

When I clicked onto the Wordpress dashboard and then clicked the browser back button, the cart came up correctly on the payment information screen.

I tried logging out of my Wordpress site and clearing history to see if I just had too much going on in the background, but I got the error message when I tried to place a domain transfer with no hosting in the cart.

Any ideas what I may have messed up? I'm using Resellerclub for the domain registrations.

Thanks!

• tebothibeau
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

As an FYI - I'm running WHMCS on a different server from my Wordpress site.

The WHMCS install is processing orders correctly if I do them directly on that server.

I did make a revision to the Portal theme - I moved the top register/login/logout section down on the page so that it would appear in the Wordpress install. Prior to that there was no way to logout. I did, however, revert back to the original template file temporarily to see if that would do the trick, but it did not seem to make a difference.

• tebothibeau

Anybody come up with an idea on this?

I had some time to do some testing, so I installed Wordpress on the same server as the WHMCS. Everything works perfectly. I just can't get it to work when the WHMCS and the Wordpress site are on two different domains. Maybe its not possible? I'd really like to get it to work.

Thanks so much!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tebothibeau,

Very interesting that it would come up while on the same server but not two different servers unless the server that is hosting the WHMCS is blocking the other server from talking to it.

However, to be sure that having the WHMCS installation on one server and the WHMCS WP Integration on another server should not be of any consequence I will see if I can get the lead developer with his invaluable insight into the WHMCS WP Integration plugin in here to offer his advice/advise on this matter.

Though it may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• tebothibeau

Hi Joe!

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait to hear back from you unless I can think of something to add to the conversation.

Just as an FYI the WHMCS install is has a security certificate installed. Not sure if that would cause a conflict or not.

Thanks!

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

If your using https make sure that all your setup urls in integration and in WHMCS general setup all point to the same place. WHMCS has a Sytem url and an SSL system url. Both should be the same.

Since you're having redirection problems, make sure the WHMCS home url is the final destination. Ie i you put in site.com and it comes up as http://www.site.com then you should be using the www. version.

Also check the file wp-includes/class-http.php. Search for the string WHMCS in the text at around line 1183. We add a filter there to handle certain things. If it's not there make sure the file is writable. /touch it by saving the file to update the last modified date and the plugin will try to patch it again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.