WHMCS MU Provisioning: clarification -- and promotional code?

Before I sign up with WHMCS I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer:

1. By using WHMCS, will I be able to offer my multisite clients domain registration during signup, without having to become a domain reseller somewhere? This is a missing link in my WPMU system I'd love to add.

2. WHMCS.com lists many features, but during signup it looks like some of the most important ones are extras. For example, the Configurable Package Addon and the Android App. It feels like a bait-and-switch so it makes me wonder what else they are hiding until later. Am I wrong to feel this way?

3. During signup there's a place for a Promotional Code. I hate seeing that and not having one. It makes me feel like I'm not getting the best deal. Anyone happen to have a promo code?

Mahalo!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @chucklasker

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member!

I'm not sure how much I would be able to answer about WHMCS, since it's not one of our products, but I will try my best

1. I am not completely sure about that. I think best to check with WHMCS themselves.
    2. I had a look at their website and at first it can be a bit confusing regarding what exactly is included and what are add-ons, but I think it is more the planning of the website and not that they are hiding information from prospective users.
    3. Unfortunately I don't have a promo code. Wish I had, then I would also sign up for their services

If there is anything we can assist with related to our WHMCS MU Provisioning please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• wpcdn

1. If you want to offer top-level domains, you'll still need to be a domain reseller. We use NetEarthOne and we love them. Without being a reseller, you can really only set up subdomains under the multisite, or subdirectory URLs.

2. WHMCS has all the most-needed features for most hosting companies. We've never used (or needed) one of their add-ons. And the add-ons are generally very reasonably priced. For example, if we were selling a licensed product with a license code, they have a great module for that. But the core feature set is all we (and most people) need. The mobile apps provide additional functionality as compared to standard access via web browser, so I think it's fair for them to charge a little for that...it took time to develop them.

3. You can often buy or lease WHMCS more affordably from resellers like LicensePal.

Hope this helps...