WHMCS Provisioning Authorized IP Address Issue

I've added my server address to the Authorized IP Addresses section on my WP install. In testing, I'm no longer authorized to initiate commands from WHMCS. The ip address ends in 252, but I receive an error message that the request is coming from 225. I can't find anywhere that the site shows this IP and I feel like those numbers are too similar to be anything other than a typo.

WHMCS and the Multisite install run on the same server on the same hosting account so I can't think of any reason why this won't work except that maybe I have a setting wrong somewhere? Maybe in WHMCS?

Thoughts?

• aecnu

Greetings ryanenglin,

WHMCS and the Multisite install run on the same server on the same hosting account so I can't think of any reason why this won't work except that maybe I have a setting wrong somewhere?

It still can be that you have made no error or typo and the sites are are two different IP's, even using the same hosting account and this is indeed a common practice with hosts like Hostgator etc.

Therefore to get to the bottom of this, I would start by running a trace route of both the domains these two installations are running on to see if they are indeed on the same IP.

Please advise if the trace routed IP's indeed match.

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

First clear out all the IPs and make sure it works like that. With no IP addresses it doesn't bother to check and it proves the site is working.

Second, are you using WHMCS Integration? If you are the IP in the WHMCS logs will be the IP of the Client talking to your Wordpress site, not the wordpress site itself. This is doine by an X_Forwarded-For header so IPs of Clients can be blacklisted etc. It maybe this is confusing one side or the other.

• Ryan Englin

The system does work if I clear out all the IP addresses so I know the communication is there. I'm just trying to secure the install.

I am using WHMCS integration and both the WP install and the WHMCS install are on the same domain, in the same hosting account on my server - so I would guess that they have the same IP address.

I've attached a screenshot of the WHMCS log showing the error. The server's IP address is actually ends in 252, not 225. Could this be a typo somewhere in the WHMCS system? I'm also wondering if the SSL could be causing this issue since the WHMCS admin is connected via SSL?

• Arnold

Since we don't manuipulate the IP (it's just a string) I don't see how it could be a typo. The value displayed is pulled directly from the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] variable in PHP.

$this->response['error'] = __('This request was not from an authorized site:','mrp') . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

Can you double check your WHMCS Server setup and make sure the IP for the host you entered there is correct? This is just under the host name near the top of the form.

• Ryan Englin

Yeah, I've checked everything that I can think of. The IP is correct. I found that line of code as well so I started asking questions with my hosting company since the plugin isn't manipulating anything. They weren't able to help. At this point, I'm going to just list my actual IP address and the one the plugin thinks I have. That way at least there are only two computers on the planet that will be able to make changes.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.