WHMCS - Subdomains

Is there a way to only allow for registering of subdomains and then using the domain mapping function for certain websites? What if I don't want to allow my clients to register for domain names through whmcs?

• slpconte
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This is actually a different question (and only a question), my other topic is troubleshooting problem. I did not want to ask this question on my troubleshooting topic when I have not been able to figure out what is wrong with my installation.

Maybe my question was unclear because I was so tired...

But I just wanted to know if WHMCS can be set up to only utilize subdomains? I don't want to offer people the option of registering their domain or transferring. And I was unsure how the domain mapping plugin fit into this.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings slpconte,

I hear that coming from a mutual sufferer :wink:

What if I don't want to allow my clients to register for domain names through whmcs?

This is a great question and Domain registration is actually controlled within WHMCS itself and can be turned off within WHMCS. Logged into WHMCS go to --> Setup --> General Settings --> Domains Tab and select the options you would like.

Is there a way to only allow for registering of subdomains and then using the domain mapping function for certain websites?

Yes you would want to make it so it is not available to anyone else but you, the Super Admin, and you would administer this feature as you see fit.

This can be done by turning off Domain Mapping for supporters in the network admin section under settings.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.