WHMCS update broken site and nonstandard WHMCS installation directory

We recently performed the update for your WHMCS plugin and it broke our multi-site. Many of the domain mapped sites would no longer load. I've read some other problems with the update here on your boards but I haven't seen anyone refer specifically to the issue of the WHMCS installation being in a nonstandard directory. In other words, our whmcs install is in a directory called billing rather than the default directory named whmcs. When we deactivate the plugin, our sites load properly. Would a nonstandard directory name cause the plugin to break our site?? If so how do I fix? If not, can you suggest an explanation? When can we expect an update to the update?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Todd, hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Jose can give you best idea regarding this. So I'm pinging him here for his valuable opinion.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hello there Todd,

Hope your are doing great.

Using a different folder for your WHMCS installation is not a problem at all. And I understand that it was working fine for you before, right?

The latest version of WHMCS Integration only contains minor bugfixes and nothing that could affect url structures.
    I'd need to take a look and debug directly in your install. In order to do so, I would need you to please send me the following information via contact form :

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jose”
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WP admin/network credentials and login url.
    - Include WP WHMCS admin credentials and login url.
    - Include FTP host and credentials for both installs.

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks in advance,
    José

• Mozaic
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Jose, which site would you like me to give you access to? You might notice that we have about a dozen multisites, and when we activate the latest version of whmcs integration, it breaks all sites on that network. Here's the output to the screen:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/mozaict3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/includes/class-whmcs-wordpress-integration.php on line 677

So thank you for answering the part regarding our custom whmcs folder not being part of the problem.

But i think you totally missed it calling it a minor bug fix, when it is actually a major bug break from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 - line 677 of your plugin.

Trying not to rant here, but I have more problems with wpmu plugins than any other vendor - that's just a fact.

Do you want access to one multisite for now, or all our multisites?

Thank you.

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hey todd,

But i think you totally missed it calling it a minor bug fix, when it is actually a major bug break from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 - line 677 of your plugin.

In my post above (July 12) I was talking about a minor bug fix between version 1.4.2 and 1.4.3.
    Version 1.4.4 was released afterwards (July 26).

In any case, line 677 was not changed. This is not a bug introduced in latest versions. This is just an unexpected response given by your WHMCS install that out Integration plugin is not handling gracefuly.

Jose, which site would you like me to give you access to?

I need access to any of your installs where the error is happening.

Thanks in advance,
    José

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.