WHMCS WP Integration Hummingbird Conflct

Hello,

WHMCS WordPress Integration plugin is producing an error after installing Hummingbird and enabling GZIP compression and browser caching as follows:

ERROR MESSAGE

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/dir2376/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/cache/ae7d9afce088b31b1f31c469bb689146.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dir2376/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/includes/class-whmcs-wordpress-integration.php on line 376

This is not due to a plugin conflict as the configuration worked prior to installing Humingbird.

The problem is that the error persists after deactivating Humingbird. It looks as if the caching is not disengaging based on the fact that the error message suggests a missing cache file: /whmcs-wordpress-integration/cache/ae7d9afce088b31b1f31c469bb689146.txt

I tried re-installing the the WHMCS WordPress Integration plugin several times to see if refreshing the files would eliminate the error since the error is due to a call on line 376 of the following file: /includes/class-whmcs-wordpress-integration.php

It seems the missing caching file here: /plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/cache/ae7d9afce088b31b1f31c469bb689146.tx (I checked and it not in the directory) is due to a lingering affect from Hummingbird but I’m not completely sure as I do know if the WHMCS WordPress Integration plugin generates its own caching files.

Can someone please take a closer look at this and assist with restoring the normal functionality of WHMCS WordPress Integration?

Thanks,

Mike

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello polymiker,

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? I’m asking for access because I just tested Hummingbird on our test WHMCS Integration installation and I don’t see that error at all (I activated gzip and cache) – not in back end or front end.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Do you have other cache plugins on your site? Or cache on your server?

kind regards,

Kasia

• polymiker
    • Flash Drive

Hi Kasia,

I have enabled support access to the site. I’m assuming you will get a notification from my account as to which site is in question but if not let me know.

Also, to see the error on the front-end of the site just add: /members to the end of the URL and this should reproduce the error messages.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Mike

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mike,

I can see that error on your site and today I can see it also on our test site – however for some reason I’m not able to replicate it at another test site I just set up (I will be monitoring it, maybe it shows with delay).

But this looks like a bug and I have another thread with the same error and thanks to you I was able to confirm that other member is also using Hummingbird.

I’m marking this as bug and letting developers of both plugins know about the issue.

kind regards,

Kasia

• polymiker
    • Flash Drive

Hello Kasia,

Thanks for confirming that the issue is due to a bug. By the way, it would be very helpful if there were a way choose which directories or files get cached with Hummingbird as well as a way to delete individual cached files from a list. This is how WP Super Cache works. So if possible send this suggestion to the developer of the plugin.

In the meantime, can you assist with restoring the functionality of the site here in question without Hummingbird but with normal operation of the WHMCS integration plugin. I have tried several times to restore normal operation by disabling Hummingbird and replacing WHMCS plugin files more than once but the problem persists. It seems as though the cache directory with WHMCS is still generating a cache (text) file. Is this normal? I checked in another installation of WHMCS integration and I don’t see that file so I’m assuming that it’s caused by some lingering affect of Hummingbird. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Mike

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mike, Tim, Z.A.,

I’m very sorry but at the moment I don’t have feedback from developers on possible workaround. But I just send direct message to Hummingbird devs to take care of that. They are not online at the moment, but as soon as I will get more info I will update thread.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Kieran,

I can see that my colleague Dimitris reported that one user without Hummingbird is also facing this. So our developer is aware about this and he is currently working on it. I believe, he will come up with a solution very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.