WHMCS WP not detecting users IP address

We use MaxMind Fraud Detection with WHMCS. Due to the WHMCS WP Integration all orders that come in originate from the IP of the server, not their local IP. The fraud detection sees this IP as not being the same as their IP and rejects the order. Is there a work around?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Daniel

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

That should be possible as WHMCS tracks & logs the IPs that access it. :slight_smile:

I'm not exactly sure how to get that data into your system though.

So I've asked one of our 2nd-level support team members to jump in here and lend a hand.

• Maine Hosting
    • New Recruit

Thanks Patrick! Just a little clarification for the L2 Team - MaxMind comes preinstalled with WHMCS as a Fraud Protection module. One of its features calculates the distance between the Billing Address, and the origin IP address. The error MaxMind provides is: This order is considered to be a little higher risk because the distance between the billing address and the user's actual location is larger than expected.

The users IP is always the server IP now, since the order is somehow being placed with the WHMCS WP Plugin.

Thanks,
    Dan

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi there,
    I know this is a pretty old thread, but it might me useful for others having the same issue.

The plugin already send the necessary headers for IP forwarding.
    As a security measure, WHMCS will honor the IP headers only for trusted IPs.

You sould follow the steps detailed in this post in order to add your WP IP to the trusted IPs whitelist:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ip-address-not-showing-correctly#post-820051

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.