Who are popular members in Buddypress

Hello,
Can someone please tell me who are the popular members in buddypress. Is there some hack to make someone popular from backend. Thanks
Regards
Satish

• satish_sreenivasan

@Tom
    I think you have got me wrong. I would like to know the meaning of term popular member in a buddypress site. Also, I would like to know if there is a tweak in bp database to make someone popular. For eg ,Assume I am a member of buddy driven site xyz.com.
    Now on what condition, I am chosen a popular member. Is it based on
    1. Max number of friends that they have.
    2. Max number of profile views or
    3. Max number of followers.
    Is there any setting for this.

Also, Is there a tweak to make someone members as popular members in order to show the site more complete and full ( In case of start up site to show their users that they can also become popular).

• aristath

Hello again @satish_sreenivasan!

Now on what condition, I am chosen a popular member. Is it based on
    1. Max number of friends that they have.
    2. Max number of profile views or
    3. Max number of followers.
    Is there any setting for this.

If you open up the buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-widgets.php file, you'll notice that on lines 73-74 the code looks like this:

if ( 'popular' == $instance['member_default'] )
    bp_member_total_friend_count();

So to answer your question, the popularity is based on the total number of friends a user has.

Also, Is there a tweak to make someone members as popular members in order to show the site more complete and full ( In case of start up site to show their users that they can also become popular).

There used to be a plugin called Welcome Pack that created default friendships etc for new users... http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/welcome-pack/
    I don't know if it still works but using this would solve your problem.

I hope that helps!

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however you need any further information and/or clarifications, don't hesitate to reopen this issue and post an update on your current status. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.