Who Is In The Chat Rooms Widget

The "Who is in the Chat Rooms" widget shows 1 person in several chat rooms when nobody has been there in several days.

How do we make this widget work properly please?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mary,

I hope you're having a nice day!

I took a liberty of visiting your dashboard using a support access that you've granted. I've noticed that the chat widget only showed "Chat Admin" (and that would be me being logged in to your dashboard) as active, which would be true as I indeed was available.

That said, is "Chat Admin" user you're referring to or other user? Also, if it's "Chat Admin" is he visible all the time even if nobody is logged into this account?

Please advise as I got a feeling that this either is a caching issue or I'm just missing something here.

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

Again you are not understanding my issue. I am not referring to "Who's Online" which shows the avatar of people. I am asking about "Who Is In The Chat Rooms". It just shows the number of people in the chat room.

Currently it is showing

Social Group (3)
    Women Only (1)
    Trans Group (1)

However there are 4 of us in Social Group and nobody in Women Only or Trans Group.

How do we make this reflect the number of people in the chat rooms accurately. As it is now it is of absolutely no use.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mary,

Unfortunately support access is not working on your site, it looks like you have some security plugins or .htacess rules that is preventing us from accessing your site.

I've found one of your emails where you sent in chat admin login details and even if it loads on front end as soon as I try to access admin section I get logged out of your site.

Can you please disable any security plugins on your site so we can check your settings?

Thank you,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mary!

I've visited your site yesterday just to navigate through chat rooms and then again just a few minutes ago. The "WordPress Chat Rooms" widget ("Who Is in The Chat Rooms") itself seems to be working fine but indeed I can confirm that for some reason chat plugin isn't resetting/clearing "presence" data correctly - those information in database that the widget is using to display user counter.

I've checked your site against potential caching issues (which appeared to be most likely reason for this) and interfering plugins/settings but so far no luck. That said, I've asked plugin developer for help here and hopefully he'll be able to lend us a hand here, giving a useful tip or a ready-to-use solution.

Please keep track of this thread for further information and I'll update it once I only get a response.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mary,

We will update you here with more info from the developer.

In the meantime, can you check if you have any server side caching enabled on your site because when I was testing this on my installation the users that left chat were not showing in the widget anymore just after 10-20 seconds.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.