Who Is Sending Welcome Message? M2P or BuddyPress?

When a new member registers they receive a welcome email. I'd like to change the content but can't find out where to do it, although I recognize the content that is currently there as mine.

Does the welcome message come via M2P or BuddyPress, and if I install BuddyPress Welcome plugin, will the member get two different messages?

Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mary,

On registration or successfully joining membership? I registered on your site (didn't join membership) and I didn't receive welcome message.

In the Membership 2 -> Settings -> Automated email responses is enabled email after subscription in completed - can you check of this is message you want to change?

If this is message then if you install additional plugin (this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/welcome-pack/ ?) then they should get two messages: on registration and on subscription. But I'm not sure if this plugin will work - last update was 4 years ago.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

I thought this was exactly the info I needed but I still can't find it. One of the emails I'm looking for says,

"We're so glad you've joined us. Please post a little introduction of yourself on the Social Group Forum so that we can get to know you."

I want to add that they need to login first.

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

In my Groups link I just have a list of the groups that I've created.

In Emails there is a list of group emails that get sent out but they are all group related, not membership related.

In Appearance -> Emails again it is BuddyPress Emails with options for formatting header, body and footer.

In Settings -> Buddypress there are Components, Pages, Options and rtMedia

In Settings -? Email it's about setting up SMTP options.

I can't find these emails anywhere but it seems to me that they should be in the M2P plugin after successful registration and receipt of payment.

• Mary
    • Wisp of the WP Loop

Thank you for looking into this Kasia. Then can we make these emails stop, and use the Membership Pro emails instead? They don't seem to be getting sent, but since the whole site is now based on M2P registration it makes more sense for the emails to go out from M2P.

I will extend support access. Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mary,

This email comes from Social group. There is ticked "Welcome email" - you would need to disable it, and also go through all your groups settings and see if there is more of those enabled.

If you want to send messages on user signup form M2P then in "Automated Email Responses" you have to enable this email "Signup - User account created Message" - now it is disabled.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.