Whole regions regions disappear from Upfront builder

Hi, I created, styled, and launched a new footer region on my site last night. I've come back today to do some other editing and the entire footer region (which was set as global) has just vanished.

This is not the first time Upfront has lost design updates. It's actually a major problem that I have with Upfront every time I use it. Even after upgrading my hosting/server 3x.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stephen,

I hope you're well today!

Upfront (or Upfront Builder) doesn't perform any "cleaning up/sweeping" tasks on its own. It's possible though that there's some "interference" specific to the site, the configuration or the server that's affecting this.

For start, I assume that you can confirm that there's been no updates whatsoever made to the site in the time between you finished designing and the footer "vanished"? Do you know if there's any aggressive caching (including DB caching) on server side and/or if there may have been some backup restored on server level (e.g. by host)?

I'm asking this in order to make sure if we can eliminate such causes for sure. Let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hello Stephen,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in here! :slight_smile:

creating new regions causes the save theme to stall on the saving screen.

Could you please access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by adding a new region and saving theme.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.