wholesale and retail products merged onto same page

When you click on browse to continue shopping after cart is emptied, the previously separate wholesale and retail products all appear on the same page.

• James Morris

Hello steeleroo

I hope you are well today.

The site I'm seeing linked to this ticket is currently on MarketPress version 2.8.7. This is an extremely old version of MarketPress. The current version is 3.2.8.

In the interest of not trying to troubleshoot issues that have already been addressed by updates, would you please upgrade to the latest version of MarketPress and see if the issues you are having persist.

NOTE: Before making such an upgrade, please make a complete backup of your site.

After upgrading, if you still have issues, please ping us back here and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

James Morris

• daniela kuper

Morning James,

Thanks for your response!
    The shopping function has crashed. Do you make house calls? ha ha ulp

MarketPress has been updated-but this message came up when I hit activate:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/worm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-cart.php on line 394
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/worm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-cart.php:394) in /home/worm/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216

You can’t see any products when you hit shop or wholesale, the message:
    [mp_list_products list_view=”1? category=”retail”]

I will stay tuned (glued) for your guidance.

Daniela

• James Morris

Hello daniela kuper

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server so I can perform some advanced debugging?

NOTE: Please make a full backup of your site before sending the following information.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello daniela kuper

First, I'd like to apologize for the delay.

I will do my best to address your questions from above as well as everything discussed via email. Please let me know if I've missed anything. :slight_smile:

First issue I noticed is you're currently on PHP 5.4.x. While we do our best to maintain backwards compatability with old versions of PHP, this is really quite old and is no longer supported by PHP. There are no security or stability updates for this version and the WordPress Core and most plugins and themes have moved to supporting newer versions of PHP. 5.6.x being the oldest currently recommended version.

Would you please upgrade to, at least, PHP 5.6.x for greater security and stability. PHP 7.1.x is recommended for the above reasons as well as significantly improved performance.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/worm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-cart.php on line 394
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/worm/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-cart.php:394) in /home/worm/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216

You can’t see any products when you hit shop or wholesale, the message:
    [mp_list_products list_view="1" category="retail"]

When I checked the site, this issue seems to have already been resolved. Please let me know if I've missed something.

Can the Login option in the shopping cart can be eliminated because it seems to only be glitchy and not helpful.

Sure. I've added the following to wp-config.php to disable MarketPress login:

define('MP_HIDE_LOGIN_OPTION',true);

Do you happen to know a platform that supports a wholesale & retail shopping without setting up two separate stores? Needs to have a smooth password or privacy solution for Wholesale.

Natively... No. MarketPress does not support this. Not with password protection anyways. However! Using MarketPress in conjunction with Membership 2 Pro would work. :wink:

What you would do is install Membership 2 Pro and create a free (or paid) membership which you will use for controlling access to Wholesale products. Next, enable the Individual Custom Posts add-on. This add-on will allow you to protect individual products under WP Admin -> Membership 2 -> Settings -> Protection Rules. Whatever products protected in this setting will not display at all to non-logged-in visitors or users who do not have appropriate membership access. If the URL is called directly, they non-logged-in visitor will get a protected content message and a login form. User/buyers who are a a member of the Wholesale membership will be able to access the products without issue.

Paid orders are still marked "payment not yet complete" and not retaining "USPS" or USPS Priority Mail as means of shipping.

Are customers are getting notices that their orders have shipped?

Would you be so kind as to provide me a few sample transaction numbers so we can look into this further for you?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello daniela kuper

I'm terribly sorry for the delayed response to your email. I'll do my best to answer your questions from email here.

RE:

1) On the landing page when you click on the prices for the New Salts and Packets, you see this message, along with a menu at top::

nothing found ?sorry, the post you are looking for is not available. maybe you want to perform a search?
    for best search results, mind the following suggestions:
    • Always double check your spelling.
    • Try similar keywords, for example: tablet instead of laptop.
    • Try using more than one keyword.

Terribly sorry again, but I'm afraid I'm not seeing this anywhere. Would you please provide me with a direct link?

RE:

2) RE THIS: Can the Login option in the shopping cart can be eliminated because it seems to only be glitchy and not helpful. Sure. I've added the following to wp-config.php to disable MarketPress lo define('MP_HIDE_LOGIN_OPTION',true);

Does this mean we just got rid of the :’fake’ log into account? YAY. Or did we do away with the wholesale password? Also, can wholesale be accessed without a password by searching? I tried to test wholesale on Safari and Chrome, but seems I can’t erase enough of anything anymore to shop anonymously. Tainted!

This means you no longer have to login to purchase products from the public product list. The Wholesale product list password is still in place until you switch over to the Membership 2 Pro process I outlined previously.

For anyone who you want to have Wholesaler privileges, they will need to be setup in Membership 2 Pro and the Protection rules will have to be setup for that in WP Admin -> Membership 2 -> Settings -> Protection Rules. Then, wholesale products should be viewable to anyone unless they are logged in with an account that has been granted permissions through Membership 2 Pro. :slight_smile:

RE:

3) Here are samples of an ‘old’ order notification a new one after the MP update. New one does not provide link to dashboard to fill order/can’t seem to say order is paid.

I'm afraid the copy/paste completely jumbled up the 2 examples you provided me. In order to ensure that I'm seeing the data correctly, would you please forward the two examples to me privately so that I can inspect them more closely?

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.