Why are the Attendance buttons missing?

My site is not showing the buttons "No" "Maybe" "I'll be Attending".

I have payments ticked.

See screenshots.

• Karen

PC Welcome back (you must be coming on board as I end for the day!)

http://www.publicaffairsrecruitment.com.au/wordpress/learning-centre/events/

I don't change themes so I wouldn't know. I only want to use one theme.

I have RSVP on events. Do you mean Display public RSVPs? which I have ticked.

Is it something to do with Paypal criteria (I have ticked sandbox but not sure how to make that work.)

All events are in the future.

I am off home now but will log in later to check on what's happened.

Thanks.

• Karen

PC

I just found the answer on another post:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/no-maybe-im-attending-not-visible#post-325923

This needs fixing and/or explaining in the notes.

You check the public announcement event box as you want the public to book into the event...What is not clear is that public event here apparently means a free event which is NOT obvious.

PS Also can someone create an underline button above so I don't have to do CAPS to emphasise something. Thanks.

• PC

You check the public announcement event box as you want the public to book into the event...What is not clear is that public event here apparently means a free event which is NOT obvious.

Certainly something which we will make clearer in our docs soon. @Patrick Cohen has been informed about the same :slight_smile:

PS Also can someone create an underline button above so I don't have to do CAPS to emphasise something. Thanks.

Yeah, that can be helpful. Edit** The <u> tag does not work on the forums yet. So we can consider it for future :slight_smile: In the meantime you can use the italics or the bold options !

Cheers, PC

• Karen

Patrick

Thanks for that.

If you can't BOOK, then you have to do it manually (pay at the door). Essentially, while you can set a price, and tell people publicly - they cannot book it. (What on earth was the rationale for that - the reason people want to use the plug-in surely is so booking gets done online? Happy to understand the reasion for it.

The explanation in the 3rd screen does not mean - to me when reading it - that you can't BOOK. It just says you can't RSVP - I think they are different words/actions. If RVSP means booking then that needs to be clearer...or just use the term booking. or add something that says those buttons will be turned off.

Either way it should make clear that no BOOKINGS can be made. RSVP means nothing to the new reader.FYI.

One comment : Can terminology be standardised?

There seems to be loose use of words that mean or refer to the same thing. When you are learning, you comb through everything and read it carefully looking for the meaning. When someone writes it, they know what they mean...confusion often results as the writer is not cognisant of how important it is to use words the newbie reader.

An example is the use of "Access levels" and "Membership levels" in the Membership plug-in...took me a while to work out it meant the same thing. It's not like writing a paper where variety of terminology is important. For manuals, sticking to the same words (and having words/terms be unique) is important for clarity.

FYI.

• Patrick

Hi again @Karen

What on earth was the rationale for that - the reason people want to use the plug-in surely is so booking gets done online?

I think you may just be misunderstanding the functionality of the addon.

The Public Announcement addon creates a new option that you can select when creating or editing an event. When selected for a particular event, the RSVP buttons are hidden just for that event so it simply becomes an announcement, kinda like a regular post.

If you want users to register for the event, simply do not select that option. :slight_smile:

Also, if you want even more flexibility for event booking, try the MarketPress integration addon. That enables you to use any payment gateways you may have activated in MarketPress, and it allows your users to add event bookings to their shopping cart while they shop for other stuff on your site... if you are selling other stuff, that is. :slight_smile:

One comment : Can terminology be standardised?

That's a very good suggestion, and one we take to heart. We are currently working on many such improvements to ensure usability and consistency.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.