Why are the WPMU plugins causing my Admin dashboard to go blank?

I have needed to remove the WPMU Dash from my plugins since it has been causing my admin panel dash to disappear when active. I removed the folder completely. When I removed it, my wp admin dash is visible again. I went ahead and downloaded the "add new users" plugin from WPMU as a standalone file and activated it. It also caused my admin panel to disappear, but it appeared again once I deactivated the plugin. My site seems to not like any of the WPMU plugins. Can we verify the issue? Perhaps this is due to the removal of the dash?

http://mywaydj.com

• Dennis

I have noticed that w3 total cache was causing some conflict, so I diabled it and was able to install WPMU plugin, but once I re-added total cache, it caused errors again. So I deelted wpmu plugin, installed w3 total cache, fluched the cache and then tried to install wpmu plugin again. When I install the dash, my screen goes blank, when I install "add new users" plugin standalone, I see my admin panel with a error code,

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pw2you/public_html/MyWayDJ.com/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php on line 480

Then when I go to the "add new Users" section, the screen is blank with this code

"Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pw2you/public_html/MyWayDJ.com/wp-content/plugins/add-new-users/add-new-users.php on line 480

Notice: supports_collation is deprecated since version 3.5! Use wpdb::has_cap( 'collation' ) instead. in /home/pw2you/public_html/MyWayDJ.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3378

In addition, I tested with wordpress 2015 theme and had the same issue. It also applies to the membership plugin, but nothing wrong happened when i installed the smushit pro

• Ivan

Hey there Dennis,

Hope you are well!

I just tested this on my local install with bunch of other plugins enabled and didn't have any problems or errors.

Most probably this is conflict with the w3 total cache - make sure you purge the cache and disable it.
    Security plugins and can cause problems too.

Can you run quick plugin conflict test to see if you can determine the problem?
    You can refer to the flowchart on this page - https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Support-Process-Support-Process.png

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.