Trying out this system as used to using Pagelines DMS. Initially been quite disappointed to be honest.
1. Why is there next to nil documentation for this framework? A single PDF that covers the real core basics is really a shame.
2. Why do the widgets disappear when you active this theme? I was finding even the simplest things like trying to create a box area that was client friendly really, really difficult using the fixed widths provided and not percentages - not to mention not being able to target areas in your own draggable elements without first viewing the site elsewhere and then inspecting those elements, jotting down required classes, adding them to the css and then finally being able to style them. Not really the kind of simplicity this theme claims to have.
3. The display of the site varies intensely from the editor view to when the site is live, down to what's lined up, how it reacts etc. Classes are also lost that were assigned to buttons etc meaning the need to go back and reassign them.
4. The element choice is hugely limited on the left, are there any more elements or will they come in time?
5. Upon trying to create a 'box' like area, so image on top, centered text below, the image that has a center option refuses to center when selected.
I really really wanted to like this system and still do, but at the moment the DMS is miles ahead in terms of simplicity and being able to be confident that a client could use this to edit their site.
You use a theme to create a limited, set layout that you can just style up and the client can customise very little. This seems very well kitted out and suited to try and be a 'framework' - yet it feels restrictive and with such limited documentation even when you face a problem there is nowhere to consult for advice on creating simple concepts.