Why are there so few decent templates for MarketPress?

Why are there so few decent templates avaiable for Marketpress and why is it so difficult to create one? I've tryed to adapt some themes following the Tutorial on WPMUDEV and has to say, the tutorial SUCKS! There is a lack of important info and the explained codes just don't work, i've tryed it into 4 of more different templates, always with bad results. I think it would boost for MarketPress if it comes easier to adapt a decent template and if a decent tutorial is made avaiable for this, because once again, i'm changing to Woocommerce on a project, just because this stupid issue. And what to say about marketpress.com domain, which sells woocommerce templates?!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Guido,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I agree that the MarketPress templates are pretty difficult to work with as it stands now; however, this will be greatly improved in MarketPress 3.0 which we hope to have released soon :slight_smile:

I honestly can't wait for this release, it will bring a lot of cool new features/improvements. Currently can't give an ETA yet, but it's close!

If you need any assistance creating a template in MarketPress just let us know. I know you mention you have switched to WooCommerce here, but we're more than happy to help out with creating the template :slight_smile:

If it does come up again then just let us know what you have and what you want.

And what to say about marketpress.com domain, which sells woocommerce templates?!

We don't own or have any association with that site so we can't control what they sell there. Would be nice if we did own that domain :p unfortunately that perfect domain is sometimes taken. Can't tell you how much time I've spent on domain name searches trying to find a good domain for a project that isn't already taken.

Anyways, thanks again for bringing this up - just want you to know that we are improving the templating in MP!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.