Why Aren't My In Post Ads Themes Working?

I just switched themes to one of your themes to get my classifieds plugin working properly. Now my In Post ads themes aren't working. I'm trying to use your theme but, no matter which theme I apply, it just blends in with the body of the post. No themes work.

I hope you can help.

Sheila

aecnu

Greetings Sheila,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention but there seems to be a communication problem here because I cannot figure out what the issue is exactly.

I shall explain:

I just switched themes to one of your themes to get my classifieds plugin working properly. Now my In Post ads themes aren't working.

What in post themes?

There is no such thing as in post themes so I will certainly need clarification on this topic.

I'm trying to use your theme but, no matter which theme I apply, it just blends in with the body of the post.

What blends in with the body of the post?

If it is in post ads that is what they are supposed to do. Please clarify.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

gttblog

Hi Joe,

I am using your Color Strokes (or something similar) theme for my overall Wordpress theme. My Classifieds weren't working properly and I was told there may have been a conflict with my old theme. Today, I changed to the one mentioned above to try to get the classifieds plug in working.

The classifieds plugin is now working but in In Post Ads settings, there is a theme setting. I was using the WPMU.org setting and it showed up the way your sample does on your site. Since I changed my overall theme the in post ad theme setting is not working and the post just shows up as text within the post with no borders to separate it.

I hope you can help.

Thanks.

Sheila

gttblog

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting regarding this issue. As a matter of fact, it is still a very real problem for me. I had a lot of issues with my site once I upgraded the color pages theme to the most recent version, yet, with the previous version, my in post ads won't display like yours do. For the matter, they don't display the way my previous theme or the next version of this theme displays either. To be more specific, your in post ads on this site are in a blue background which delineates them. It has the 5 or so gold stars in the upper right corner and there's no question that that is something that deserves attention. In the prior version of color paper, again not the latest release, it doesn't display them like that.

As a solution, I have put the one existing ad I have in a block quote and it's fine for now, but I do intend to have more ads in the near future and wondered if you could tell me what's causing it or what can be done to fix it.

Thanks again.

gttblog

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It's been a crazy day today.

The only in post ad I have up right now is my News page. You wouldn't know it to look at it, because it blends in with everything else on the page and, as I mentioned, it's currently in block quotes, but the whole "News" section is an "In Post" ad.

It starts with our logo through the end of the block quote.

You have several in post ads on this site one of which you'll see on the plugin listing page. It's in blue and has some gold stars on the top, right side. With my prior theme, and with the latest edition of my current theme, my in post ads displayed in the same fashion as yours. However, as mentioned in my prior post, I had so many other site issues once I upgraded themes, that my hosting provider advised me to return to "last year's" model.

I would like all my ads to look the same way as yours do because it clearly delineates them as outstanding text. I am quite familiar with CSS coding, but I would have to know what file to make any changes to, if at all possible.

To view the page with the existing "ad," you can select the News tab in the navigation bar at the top of my site's pages.

Once again, I appreciate any help you can give me with this.

Thanks,
    Sheila

Mike

Hi @gttblog

I see it now, thanks for pointing it out

If you add the following to the bottom of your themes styles.css then it should be a good start:

.wdca_custom_ad {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #EEF9FD;
        border: 2px dashed #555555;
        color: #04243D;
        margin: 10px 0 20px;
        padding: 10px 15px;
    }
    .wdca_stars {
        background: url("/images/stars.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
        float: right;
        height: 30px;
        width: 100px;
    }

You will of course how to download an image of the stars like we have on wpmu.org and name the file stars.png and put it in the /images/ folder. You will probably need to adjust the width and height depending on the image.

You will also need to remove the blockquote that you have added.

Once you have done the above, it will look very similar to the adverts on wpmu.org

I hope this helps start you off, if you have any further questions please post here again!

Cheers,
    Mike

Mike

Hi @gttblog

Many thanks for the reply.

I'm glad I could be helpful and again I'm really sorry about the slow response. When staff leave it causes problems and things can slip below the radar. I'm glad we got there eventually though.

I'm marking this as resolved, if you have any further questions regarding this issue please feel free to re-open and I'll do what I can to help out

Cheers,
    Mike

liensenor

Hi,

in this page of my blog : http://blogpascher.com/plugins-wordpress/comment-ajouter-des-categories-pour-un-type-de-publication-personnalise-sur-wordpress

i added the following code but i d'ont see any star on in post ads
    .wdca_custom_ad {
    border: 1px dashed #3396d1 !important;
    padding: 10px 15px;
    margin: 10px 0px 20px;
    overflow: hidden;
    background: #EEF9FD none repeat scroll 0% 0%;
    clear: both;
    }

.wdca_custom_ad .wdca_stars {
    background: url("/images/stars.png") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 30px;