Why aren't users getting rights to administrate their own sites?

We recently installed New Blog Templates and we're finding that it will not allow the site creator to access their own dashboard. After creating their new site, they can view the created site (which works perfectly), but the only user that can access the dashboard is the super admin.

• mutualdesigns
    • New Recruit

When Sites are created while New Blog Templates is enabled, the users.php page on the resulting site appears as shown in the attached screenshot. The user is added, however, doesn't display in the list of users. When I disable New Blog Templates, the user shows correctly and has dashboard access to his or her site.

Although the message at the top shows information regarding s2Members, this has been tested with and without s2Members enabled.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@mutualdesigns

Hey there again, thanks for the screenshot it helps to clarify the problem. I am going to tag the developer here and get his input as I have never come across this issue myself and have been unable to recreate it on my test site. As far as settings go if you followed the instructions exactly under the usage tab then this shouldnt have happened.

Cheers

Tom

• mutualdesigns
    • New Recruit

Tom,

After a day of wrestling and setting up some test sites, I was able to resolve the issue. I'm not sure what the initial cause was, but the site that had been created as the template had a corrupted field in the xx_options table. The administrator and subscriber roles were missing from the xx_xx_user_roles field. Once I corrected this field, the user was able to be set as the administrator when the site was created.

Thanks for looking further into this. Hopefully this rare instance helps someone in the future!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.