Why can't I customize the layout?

Why do your plgins don't have any template files we can customize?

We are willing to buy a subscription over here but we need the change many layouts but we can't.

Why is that and how can we change layouts in another way maybe?

We use Uikit and that needs custom HTML and CLASSES.

• Rupok

Hi YooWoo,

Why do your plgins don't have any template files we can customize?

Actually most of our plugins have template files which you can customize. For example, I can see "Support System" plugin is tagged with this thread. If you install and activate Support System plugin in your site, then login to your server with any FTP application and go to "/wp-content/plugins/incsub-support/inc/templates/" directory, you will see all template files of this plugin. And inside those templates, you can see HTML codes which you can customize as you want.

You will get all CSS files in "/wp-content/plugins/incsut-support/assets/css/" directory.

I believe this will help you to customize the layout as you want. Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to assist further.

N.B. Editing plugin core files is not a better idea because all your changes will be gone when you update the plugin. So please copy the files you modify to your computer before updating, and after updating, replace those files with the files you saved in your computer.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• YooWoo

Can anybody tell me if there is a UPDATE PROOF customization option?

Saving files on laptop (or where ever) and uploading them after each update... seriously? That's not an option at all.

So any other common way? This is mostly important for me because this will effect my decision rather or not to get a paid subscription.

What's a common way? Well... creating a specific folder in your theme folder to store customization's... or something familiar.

• Nithin

Hi YooWoo,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

You could make use of a child theme, so that you can override these templates in your child themes folder. For eg: To style the single tickets page, you could copy the single-ticket.php from templates folder as mentioned above, into your child theme folder. You can then style the template according to your themes layout. The plugin makes use of the WordPress template hierarchy in order to override templates.

Making use of child theme will ensure that the changes made on your Child theme, doesn't get overwritten when your parent theme is updated, hence the customization will stay update proof.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello BKBAI,

No, when you copy files to your child theme you place templates file (.php files) directly to root directory of your theme, so

my-child-theme/file.php

that not applies for the style.css file, because custom styles have to be inserted into styles.css file in your child theme. So you would need to copy styles you want to override and insert line by line to styles.css and there change. You can only insert CSS that you want to change.

You can copy whole file and insert it into child theme folder - name it mystyles.css and then enqueue that whole file with this function https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_style/ in functions.php of your child theme

/**
     * Proper way to enqueue scripts and styles
     */
    function wpdocs_theme_name_scripts() {
        wp_enqueue_style( 'style-name', get_template_directory_uri(). '/mystyle.css' );
    true );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'wpdocs_theme_name_scripts' );

let me know if this helps

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.