why can't i edit the registration page ???

i choose a page in protected content "page settings" - the page and slug is "join"
the page ONLY has [ms-membership-register-user]
but "add membership level" keeps appearing !!! (screenshot)

- 1 -
can i NOT have this ?
and ONLY have the short code ?

- 2 -
i only have one "simple" membership and under "payment options" for that membership i selected "free"
so i do not even want any sort of "free", "paid" to be shown on the site.
if i am not selling anything, i only want "protected content" i.e.. pages to be shown and not shown,
why have "free" visible when there are no payments set up ?

- 3 -
besides simply having "protected content" i.e.. pages to be shown and not shown,
i wanted a better "registration" experience that what BP offers,
which is what "protected content" seems to offer, ie. auto activation and auto login.

any kind assistance please ?

• Michelle Shull

Hey again, Randall!

i choose a page in protected content "page settings" - the page and slug is "join"
    the page ONLY has [ms-membership-register-user]
    but "add membership level" keeps appearing !!! (screenshot)

- 1 -
    can i NOT have this ?
    and ONLY have the short code ?

I had this working the other way, with the registration form first, then the choose membership page after, but that was before I installed the most recent PC update from today. Now I'm seeing the same thing, which leads me to believe this is the default behavior. I'll double check with the dev, though, since I've just installed that update.

- 2 -
    i only have one "simple" membership and under "payment options" for that membership i selected "free"
    so i do not even want any sort of "free", "paid" to be shown on the site.
    if i am not selling anything, i only want "protected content" i.e.. pages to be shown and not shown,
    why have "free" visible when there are no payments set up ?

Try this in your custom CSS file to hide the pricing info without editing the template files:

.ms-price-details {
    display: none;
    }

That should hide the price field (where it says "free" now) site-wide.

- 3 -
    besides simply having "protected content" i.e.. pages to be shown and not shown,
    i wanted a better "registration" experience that what BP offers,
    which is what "protected content" seems to offer, ie. auto activation and auto login.

Here we should be able to find a best of both worlds solution, with all the features of Protected Content registration baked into all the features of BuddyPress registration. I think once we get your pages sorted (so Protected Content and BuddyPress share a registration process) this is going to make lots of things fall into place for you.

Thanks for your question!