Why did marketpress crash? I was trying to setup a MU vendors market, I purchased the marketpress pl

I can put link to the site but right now I am only using Marketpress Lite not the one I purchased. Marketpress like does not work on the network. My website in the making is http://www.eperdazzle.com

• Lenora Lee

Hi Jack,
    Thank you for getting back to me.

I did deactivate and delete Marketpress Lite.. That was not the problem, the full marketpress was working fine but as soon as I put in the pay pal sand box information and saved it, the program asked if I wanted to show the products on the main blog something like that, and did I want to use the gobal cart and I said no. and the system crashed and every since then I can not use the full verison of marketpress without the system crashing. I am not an expert and I have no idea what I am suppose to do now. I wanted to setup a esty stlye marketplace. Up until I put in the payapl sand box information and answered those 2 questions everything seemed to be working fine...

Do you know what may have happened? My site is http://www.eperdazzle.com. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.
    Lenora

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lenora Lee

I hope you are well today and thanks for the additional information.

This is quite strange, Could you send me through some login details please to take a closer look at this?

If that's possible please send

- In the subject field add "Attn: Timothy Bowers"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Lenora Lee

Thank you for getting back to me, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Before I start handing out all my personal information , laying it all out in the open,
    I would have to make sure it is necessary even then I would have to think about that.

Now after reading many of your articles I have found that the Paypal sandbox has been an issue in the past with others trying to get Marketpress up and running and passed inspection.

Now having said that, I setup a new MU site in a different location and installed the full marketpress. I also setup a test site , Marketpress is showing up there also.

Now how to proceed with caution is the question so this site does not crash, answers to the following 5 questions would be of great help.

My understanding is as follows:

1. Under store setting on the main site I do not need to have chained payments selected only the payment method I am using on my main site such as Paypal express is that correct?

Next I need to setup the payment method for the network users:

2. I understand I only need to have chained payments selected on the network and give no other access, correct?

3. Now I need to setup the payment information I fill in my API information and the API Sandbox information and since I do not have application ID I can leave it blank is that correct?

4. Now as you know I am trying to setup a ETSY style store where I am taking a commission on each sale?

The last time I put in all sandbox payment information on the other site and saved it I was presented with the following two questions:

Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog Yes No
    Enable Global shopping cart
    Yes No

I answered no to each and the site crashed never to be able to use Marketpress full on that site again.

I still don't understand why it crashed instead of simply producing an error message.
    I don't necessarily think that was the whole problem but I would like to make sure I am answering those two questions correctly.

How should I have answered those two questions I assume I should say yes to the first one and no to the second one?

5. Do you know where can I find a copy of the .PDF I hear I think a David produced a article on how to setup Marketpress for chained payments ?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lenora Lee

I hope you are well today.

1. Under store setting on the main site I do not need to have chained payments selected only the payment method I am using on my main site such as Paypal express is that correct?

You need to make sure that chained payments is select and is the only payment you allow access to in the network admin.

You don't need to add a PayPal email for the main site if you aren't using that as a store.

2. I understand I only need to have chained payments selected on the network and give no other access, correct?

That's correct :slight_smile:

3. Now I need to setup the payment information I fill in my API information and the API Sandbox information and since I do not have application ID I can leave it blank is that correct?

This is mostly correct, but to test in sandbox mode, you require the DEMO Application ID, PayPal should supply you with this, once you've created your App, then after a short while it should be made a live App ID.

4. Now as you know I am trying to setup a ETSY style store where I am taking a commission on each sale?

The last time I put in all sandbox payment information on the other site and saved it I was presented with the following two questions:

Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog Yes No
    Enable Global shopping cart
    Yes No

I answered no to each and the site crashed never to be able to use Marketpress full on that site again.

I still don't understand why it crashed instead of simply producing an error message.
    I don't necessarily think that was the whole problem but I would like to make sure I am answering those two questions correctly.

How should I have answered those two questions I assume I should say yes to the first one and no to the second one?

For the global shopping cart, as your using chained payments, that would be no, the other option for the shortcodes that can be either.

These options shouldn't crash the site and I'd still be happy to look into that if you'd like me to :slight_smile:

5. Do you know where can I find a copy of the .PDF I hear I think a David produced a article on how to setup Marketpress for chained payments ?

Unfortunately I don't, do you have a link to the thread please? I'm here to help and assist :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Lenora Lee

Hi Jack,

I hope all is well, thank you for the quick response to my questions..

Here is where I am at now..

When I tested the sandbox without the chained payments setting the sandbox tests ran fine on seller side and Main store side.

With the Chained payment setting enabled the sandbox tests is not working I get a

520003 - Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect error message.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong:

I know in the previous posting you said I don't need to add a PayPal email for the main site if I am not using that as a store, and the Pay Pal chained payments only need to be selected on the Network.
    I have tried it both ways not using any method other then selecting pay pal express on the main store and then setting chained on the network, nothing works.

Here is where I stand:

On the my main site:

1. Fake Business owner #1 the Network owner has only chained payments selected and no other payment method and the fake Pay Pal email and API information filled in.

2. On the Network I used the same Business owner #1 the network owners fake credentials for the Pay Pal setting and the Sandbox setting along with the fake API ID

3. On the test store I used the Fake Business Owner #2 fake Pay Pal email address

4. When the Fake buyer tries to make a purchase it

generates error 520003 - Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect.

What am I doing wrong?

My other question does this Marketpress 2.9 which I just purchased on 09/03/2013 work with Wordpress 3.7 the reason I ask is because
    some of the cart buttons such as update and submit tend to show up with white space only you can not read the lettering . I also seem to be having a trouble publishing the product.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Lenora Lee

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

Can you confirm on the "fake" information please? As this would cause an error, the info and API used must be live or Sandbox and can't be made up :slight_smile:

My other question does this Marketpress 2.9 which I just purchased on 09/03/2013 work with Wordpress 3.7 the reason I ask is because
    some of the cart buttons such as update and submit tend to show up with white space only you can not read the lettering . I also seem to be having a trouble publishing the product.

It should work perfectly, could I have a link to your site please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Lenora Lee

As I said in the last post the fake information comes from the Pay Pal sandbox and worked fine in trail runs before I used the Pay Pal chained payments feature.

After using the same sandbox information that worked fine previous I get the . 520003 - Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect error message.

My the new site I am working on is http://www.leescraftsandthings.com

• Lenora Lee

Hi Jack,

I hope all is well,

Yes, that is the same one I used which I took from Pay Pays sandbox test guide as specified by them that is their golbal sandbox APP ID. APP-80W284485P519543T.

Everything is in sandbox mode

As I said before the sandbox works if I don't use the Chained Payment setting everythhing works fine. I can purchase from my mainsite and test store with the same sandbox information. Of course I only used the APP ID when using the chained payments and I have also tested with and without APP ID it and does not work.
    I just get 520003 - Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect.

What do you think the problem could be?

• Lenora Lee

Hi Jack,

I hope everything is going well !

I just started all over again with new sandbox accounts and made a few adjustments and it worked, everything is working fine now. Sandbox tests is working!

At first it was not taking the right amount in fees but I got that adjusted also.
    Now I will apply for my Live credentials, wish me luck...

By mistake I click on the link to Unsubscribe - Stop receiving notifications from this thread: please disregard that- I want to continue receiving messages from this post...

Lenora

• Lenora Lee

Hi Jack,

I am sorry to hear you were ill, I hope all is well now!
    I have my API ID from Pay Pal and I am ready to try going live.

Now I have a few questions

How do I apply a SSL certificate to a Wordpress Multi site with Marketpress?
    Do think a Premium DNS Service is must have for this type of site..?
    What themes other then framemarket do you offer for Marketpress?

Regards,
    Lenora

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Lenora,

I'm feeling much better thanks :slight_smile:

On the SSL, you could use a plugin like this http://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-https/, it's worth noting, you need a wildcard SSL for sub domain multisite installs :slight_smile:

For themes, we don't offer any more specific ones, but most themes work with MarketPress, and also a member here created a nice theme, http://www.marketpressthemes.com/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Lenora Lee

Hi Jack
    Thank you for all your help.. I appreciate it!

There are still other problems I am finding with this Marketpress plugin and the Gridmarket Theme

I have submited the questions to your forums but just to recap my problems are..
    1. The Marketpress "Product Category" and "Order By" filters settings..
    The Marketpress Show "Product Category" and "Order By" filters at the top of listings pages are not showing up..
    The Show "Product Category" and "Order By" filters is not showing up on my products page

see here http://www.eperdazzle.com/store/products/
    On my test site it shows when I test it on the Twenty Thirteen theme it shows up see below

http://www.eperdazzle.com/testsite03/store/products/

How do I get this feature to work on the gridmarket theme?

2. My cart buttons show up in two different colors buy now shows in the page colors and the add to cart buttons show up in green

See Buy now buttons here http://www.eperdazzle.com/
    Add to cart buttons here http://www.eperdazzle.com/store/products/

Maybe you can help..
    Lenora

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.