Why Do I have 132 Members registered in M2P Billing But 177 Users?

Why do I have 132 Members registered in M2P Billing, but 177 Users, all with M2P Membership Levels. If they have been assigned a membership level then why are they not showing in Billing? I understand that I have some non-paying members like Complimentary and Moderator, but some of them are showing so why not all? Who are the missing 45 Members?

• Milan

Hello @Mary,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Dear member whenever user subscribes to membership, one invoice gets generated about transaction and listed under billing page even for free memberships.

You've said that some of members who subscribed for free membership are showing on billing page but not all. Dear member please ensure that those members are not manually assigned to membership. If those are not manually assigned and still not listed out on billing page then I'll need list of those member and support access to your site to know better about this issue.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:

Thanks & Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Mary

Please see screenshot. One one side you will see Members page with 175 items. Beside that is Billing page with 133 items.

I tried to compare to tell you which ones are missing but the Billing page does not allow the sort function for "User" so it's pretty hard to figure out which ones are missing, other than I notice that there is only one Moderator listed and I believe that I have 17 altogether. That still doesn't make up the difference. You will need to get the sort function working on for User on Billing page for me to figure out which ones are missing.

Support Access has been granted

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mary,

I'm guessing you have manually added some members using the "add member" function in M2? The invoices for these members will be in the drafts section and you can mark them as paid, which will move it over to the "default" list.

Since they are free memberships, it won't matter whether they are in the drafts section or default section as long as it is active for the member which it will be if you manually added it; however, it does make sense to have these ones automatically marked as paid since they are free anyway :slight_smile: I am passing this info to the developer.

If you have any further questions on this or if you think the above explanation isn't what is happening for you then just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Mary!

I took a look at members list and billing lists on your site and I don't think you'd need to add anything there. The "default" and "paid" sections show memberships (both free and paid) that's already been "paid" ("past due date" for free memberships and "past due date and paid" for premium memberships).

However, there's more members than those 133. In the "Draft" section of "Billing" page you will find invoices (again, for both free and premium membeships) that are to be paid. If you sort that list by "Due date" you'll find out that the very first item is an invoice that should be paid just today.

After due date passes by, this invoice should show up in "Default" and - depending whether it was paid or not - to "Paid" or "Billed or Pending".

Then, there's 143 "free" (including 17 moderators, 1 "pre-paid" by check and all "complimentary" and "on time payment) members. That indeed doesn't "add-up" in anyway. However, as I mentioned, some invoices are visible only in "draft" section and will be moved to "Default and "Paid" or "Billed or Pending" in future. The "billing" section was not designed to "manage/count" members but to control payments only. Therefore, there's indeed a lot of members and I wasn't able to go "one-by-one" by I think there's really nothing wrong with the setup. The number of members perfectly match number of WP accounts on your site and invoices for premium memberships seem to match members of premium memberships.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Mary

I'm sorry but I'm not following. I'll give you an example of what I'm trying to find out.

1. Why, for example, User ID #222 Joseph Gavin made payments of $5 on Nov 27, Dec 27 and Jan 27 but I can only find an invoice for Nov 27. I can't find invoices for Dec or Jan.

2. Why is the draft for Feb on the 26th, a day before the others?

Forgive me if I can't understand this. It all just seems terribly confusing.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mary,

That user is actually the exact example I passed to the developer from your post here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/notification-of-negative-feedback-to-plugin-review-websites-on-m2p-plugin#post-1029667

It shouldn't be using the same invoice for each payment. It should add a hyphen and increase the number for each consecutive renewal. I'm still waiting to hear back from the developer on this and I'll post back :slight_smile:

As for the different due dates it's because of the different number of days in the months.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mary

<<It shouldn't be using the same invoice for each payment. It should add a hyphen and increase the number for each consecutive renewal.>>

Thank you Tyler, now that's what makes sense to me but it sure isn't happening on my site with my subscribers.
    <<As for the different due dates it's because of the different number of days in the months.>>

Now this doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't the due dates be the same day each month like every other company does? You don't get your telephone bill on different days of the month. You don't pay your mortgage on different days of the month. If this is the way things are set up then no wonder my members are getting notification letters that their memberships have ended, when in reality they have not. Would you please look into this. It should not matter how many days there are in a month. If a member subscribes on the 13th of the month then his next payment should come out on the 13th of the month, whether it's a month with 28 days or 31 days.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.