Why do I need to install the Dashboard plugin?

Hi,

I'm wondering why I need to install the WPMU Dashboard plugin. I have *a lot* of sites and I might want to use some of your other plugins on some of them, but I don't really want to have to install the Dashboard plugin on *all* of them as this just created a lot of extra work for me. I also experience a slow down in the back end on sites I have that use additional management plugins.

Can you explain what are the advantages and disadvantages to using it are please?

• Rupok

Hi Zac,

Thanks for asking. Actually, there are lots of benefits and facilities of installing our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin. This plugin provides one-click installation and automatic updates for all the WPMU DEV plugins and themes, get better support access, and activate our complete services toolkit. Plus, get one-click access to our full product lineup and 24/7/365 WordPress support in your dashboard – all while making your site more secure.

Moreover, The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin links your sites to our super servers for added features and more control so you can use use our servers to run scans, monitor uptime, and optimize images.

If you have this plugin installed, then you can connect your site with the Hub to manage and control all your sites from one place. The Hub is our powerful onsite dashboard that monitors and improves speed and stability.

All the power of WPMU DEV Products, Support and services on your dashboard at full speed.

And regarding performance issue, I didn't find any change in site/server performance after installing and activating this plugin. So I think, you should have this plugin installed and activated in all your sites.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Jim,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

You'll need to have WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed, and activated in your website, in order for the Hub to recognize a website. The Hub at the moment doesn't have any way to detect a website, without the help of WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin, hence the plugin/theme updates won't work, if the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin isn't active.

If you are looking to troubleshooting the performance issue related to the plugin further, you can enable support access, as mentioned in the given link, so that we could give a closer look, please do let us know once you enable support.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.