why do my videos not always start on page load?

Hi

I have a video on the home page and on the about page. It is hosted on Vimeo.

Sometimes when I visit the page, the video loads immediately and works as it's supposed to work. Other times I need to load the page a few times before it runs. Why is this, and how do I get rid of the irritating pause and play button in the centre of the video?

Regards, Paul

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

I went to your site with different browsers, but every time, the video started automatically on page load. I've asked my colleagues to check this. They also confirmed the same.

So I believe, your site is working absolutely fine. Maybe sometimes, it takes time for your network to load that video. Can you please try clearing the cache and cookies from your browser and try again? Can you please try from a different browser? Can you please try from a different computer/network?

Please let us know what happens. If you can consistently regenerate this issue, we will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Paul

Hi Rupok

I use a Mac and typically use Safari.

I have tried using IE on a Windows machine and it seems consistent - the video always loads. I also tried Chrome and that seems OK too.

It seems like this may be an issue with Safari only. sometimes ti will work just fine, and at other times it is frozen.

You didn't reply to the second part of my question - any way to get rid of the annoying pause button in the middle of the screen? I disabled all the play buttons etc in Vimeo so it shouldn't be showing at all.

Regards, Paul

• Rupok

Hi Paul,

So sorry for missing your second part. I do apologize for this.

I checked your site in Safari in my Mac and the video is autoplaying without any issue. I've asked some of my colleagues to check this in their mac with Safari. They also confirmed that the video plays automatically. So I'm not sure how we can see this issue in action. Can you please try clearing the cache and cookies from your Safari? Can you try with another Safari in another computer? Please let us know what you find.

Regarding your second question, that Vimeo video is placed with iframe and I'm afraid, normal custom CSS code doesn't affect iframe content because the content is coming from another site. However, this StackOverflow thread discussed with this and this might give you some idea regarding your query: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12432087/with-vimeo-plus-account-how-to-hide-remove-the-play-button-in-the-middle-of-a

Seems like you can hide that button by adding a parameter to your Vimeo video if you have a Vimeo Pro account.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be very glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.