Why do these sites say I have Upfront installed?

Hello,

I am just looking at ManageWP and it says I have 2 sites with Upfront installed; however, these were deleted. Do you know why that may be?

Sorry I thought I had sent in this query before, but I can't seem to find it so I don't think I did.

Kind regards,
Mike

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Mike,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I admit I'm not quite sure if I understand the issue here. I took a look at the screenshot that you attached to your post and check these sites. Both these sites are up and running (are available on the web). I can see that they are both using Enigma theme (which is indeed not an Upfront theme) but if the sites are there and an Upfront theme is installed (even if not enabled) then the Manage WP is properly picking up an update.

Correct me if I'm wrong or if I'm missing anything here, please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Michael
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Adam,

No worries at all, thanks for the quick response.

I guess what I am confused about is that I deleted all themes from all sites which don't work, with Upfront being one of them because it was not designed to be compatible with the Directory plug-in (which uses virtual pages which Upfront can't handle) ... which became apparent after months of questions and confusion.

So to me it's strange because it's deleted from the Plug-ins section yet ManageWP I guess still think it's there somehow so I am not sure how to get rid of that notification. Maybe there is a residual bit of code embedded in the site?

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mike,

Upfront parent theme is not visible in WP admin section because it shouldn't be used on it's own and that's why it's hidden in Themes page.
    Our system is showing as well that both of those sites from screenshot have Upfront installed.

Can you try accessing your installation files via FTP, go to wp-content/themes/ folder and check if there's upfront folder in there, if it is delete it and that should be it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.