Why does appointment plus show "not possible" 30 minutes before an appointment has been ma

On my website a client can reserve a time to use my gym and the staff will take care of them. When I check the appointment schedule, I see the appointment time as "busy" but 30 minutes before the schedules appointment it's marked not possible. Is that because the appointments will over lap? If I enable another dummy provider to allow 2 people to make an appointment at the same time, will it remedy the situation?
Thank you

• Jude

Hey Kevin

Do you have any breaks or paddings set ? This may happen if say the appointment is for 30 mins and there is only 30 mins before it starts or a break before or after each appointment then the whole slot is marked as not available.

Adding a dummy provider helps but it can cause multiple appointments in a single slot too. So do check if that works for your business

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Jude

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Kevin,

I see that you've got services of varying lengths, there's 3 that are 30 minutes long, 4 that are 60 minutes long, and one that's 90 minutes long.

And since "Time base (minutes)" is presently set to 30, and "Time slot calculus method" is set to "Minimum time based appointment duration calculus (legacy)", your calendar's going to show appointments in 30 minute increments, which means that when a 90 minute appointment is booked, there'll be a 30 minute timeslot that isn't available when you try booking, say, a 60 minute service.

If you were to create a service provider for each staff member, and make each service provider a dummy provider, it would allow more than one appointment to be booked for a timeslot, as my colleague Jude had mentioned.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Kevin

Good evening Michael and thank you for your response.
    The funny thing is that it never used to do that before. Services that are offered are personal training service, Massage service, and gym usage. The Gym usage is the one that is giving me the problem because it is by default a 1 hour service in which there is literally nobody who's a service provider. So when a person books an appointment from 7pm -8pm there should be a possibility for one more person to come at that time. It then says that 30 minutes before it's not possible to make another appointment. I would understand if BOTH gym usage options were taken but it should be possible if only one is used. To you get my point?
    If there is a change to be made you will have to be very explanatory in how you want me to change the settings because, I'm the owner trainer and far from a web master lol.
    Thanks you and merry Christmas.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Kevin,

You're welcome, a good evening to yourself as well! :slight_smile:

I do get your point, and in this case, it is something that we can work around... but it will take an adjustment to how the Gym service is displayed.

Right now, you've got the service providers for the Gym service being displayed, and thanks to that, we're either booking for one provider, or the other. Not good.

However, if we were to have a separate page for the Gym service, and then hide the service from the service dropdown on the main Booking Page (you could always provide a link to the page for the Gym service instead), then we could preserve the booking procedure for the rest of your services, and allow for proper booking of your Gym service (by "proper", I mean that two people can book the same timeslot).

If you were to check out the "WPMU DEV Test Page" page I've created on your site, you should be able to book the 7:00 AM slot twice on the 28th. I've already booked the 6:00 AM slot twice, you can see this if you look at the list of active appointments for that day. :slight_smile:

The only things you'd need to do would be to edit the page title & the slug (so instead of it saying "wpmu-dev-test-page", it says something like "gym-appointment"), and then install the attached plugin via:

Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin

That should get you all set here. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

P.S. Time to give some code credit:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/47824/how-do-you-remove-all-the-options-of-a-select-box-and-then-add-one-option-and-se

• Kevin

Mike,
    I was able to book the appointment at 7am! I received your code but really...I'm a total idiot and am kinda scared I'm going to screw it up basically...I don't know how to do it ummm at all. I agree with the title that you wanted to give the only thing that I don't understand is will I now how two pages? Or will it all look the same to clients booking?
    Mike can you incorporate this for me please? I'd really appreciate it not that I'm not already super happy that you've done all this already.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Kevin,

...the only thing that I don't understand is will I now how two pages? Or will it all look the same to clients booking?

It will mean that clients would need to click a link to navigate to your gym appointment booking page.

I've just incorporated that into your Booking Calendar page, and have made the changes I mentioned before, how's it looking to you now? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• Kevin

ok I see what you did. At first I couldn't find the drop down for gym usage. Can we make the title a bit more apparent like maybe a different color? Or a change as a rollover on the click here?
    If I can find you you have the text "looking to use the gym" I can also add it in French because the English version and the French version of my site both lead to that page.
    I think this will work.
    Now...just in case this is the only service as far as I know that this happens. If a client books an hour with me I don't think that the 30 minutes before blocks out...does it ?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Kevin,

Can we make the title a bit more apparent like maybe a different color? Or a change as a rollover on the click here?

What colors did you have in mind? :slight_smile:

Now...just in case this is the only service as far as I know that this happens. If a client books an hour with me I don't think that the 30 minutes before blocks out...does it ?

Honestly, it would depend on what slots have already been booked, and what slots are available, otherwise, nope, it wouldn't do that. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Kevin,

ok well seeing as I had trouble seeing the line, let's make it stand out with maybe a bolder text and how about red? When you go over the link let's make it change color to I don't know...white?

Done, please check out the page now. :slight_smile:

http://www.simplyfitcanada.com/booking-calendar/

Now, if I wanted to add French text to what you wrote, would I be able to find it?

If you were to edit the page, you'll see I entered the text into the table that was set up, look for this line in particular:

<td><h4 id="gym-text">Looking to use the gym? <a href="http://www.simplyfitcanada.com/gym-appointment/" id="gym-text-link">Click here</a>!</h4></td>

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.