Why does most plugins crash the server?

business directory crashes my WP Network entirely why? theres no reason for it and while using most plugins from WPMU the actual free plugin for business directory doesnt work either! how can a business based network work without listing the businesses? thats insainly retarded and lawyers are screaming at me by my company so please make me know what is wrong?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @rdressler,

Can you provide a description of the actual problem? Or perhaps a screenshot? Are you getting any error messages.

Most "crashes" are the result of using up the amount of available memory on the system. If you're running Multisite with many plugins activated, this memory can be consumed very quickly, and any combination of plugins could end up doing this.

If you don't have any error messages, try enabling WP_DEBUG mode. To do this, just go to wp-config.php and set WP_DEBUG to true. For example:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

This should allow you to see what caused a page to no load properly.

Best regards,

• rdressler
    • Flash Drive

The error message is the WP page of server issue. It was because of classifieds being on there do you guys realize more then half of your plugins cause server crashes?
    SOme are great and work awesomely but the classifieds do not allow the directory for businesses or any other plugin to work. I doubt you guys have corrected these problems for the new wordpress update as of recent.

• rdressler
    • Flash Drive

I just need the membership plugin, business directory plugin and classifieds plugin fixed then my Business hosting site will be working yet again, I just e efeel the need to tell you that they are breaking servers thats all. My now fired intern who contacted the other day lol with bad resolve may I add is gone but I am a programmer and can tell you there are massive program errors in the newwest WP update with your program plugins.

• rdressler
    • Flash Drive

grrr my spell check is bad, iphone sorry. The software Wp 3.6.1. and newer possibly hasnt been resolved. The updates recently corrupted servers crashing them. You need to fix the plugin programs I have a masters but no time to do it for you but I do know the issue.

• rdressler
    • Flash Drive

As someone with a masters in programming I have to tell you, some of your programmers are idiots that keep using older coding that doesnt work due to bumping with html5 as they are using an older java system to update that is obsolete

• rdressler
    • Flash Drive

I just proved via a lawyer and a judge that I know here that are partners with my business how incompetent your programmings are. It will benefit you guys to listen to what I am saying before you get sued to the point of someone else owning WPMU!

• rdressler
    • Flash Drive

I am working on your programs failures. I like some WPMU software dont get me wrong I dont think you are all incompetent, just a few who develop without testing or debugging that tell you guys its done. I am just mad is all so sorry I do not mean to offend yet you guys have failed to test more than half of your plugins with the latest WP system.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @rdressler,

This is our support forum so I can't look into the possibility of a refund for you. You'd need to get in touch with our billing department: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Before doing so, please refer to our refund policy here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/terms-of-service/#refund

As you can see, this requires there be a flaw in our products we're unable to provide support for. To come to any such conclusion about your case would require your participation in the troubleshooting process.

From here, let's please keep this discussion on track in the direction of resolving the technical issue at hand.

The error message is the WP page of server issue. It was because of classifieds being on there do you guys realize more then half of your plugins cause server crashes?

Can you please provide the exact error message you received? Right now we don't know anything more than we did earlier. If you had debug mode enabled, you would likey see an actual error message rather than a page saying server error. Can you please confirm this?

I can assure you that our plugins are being used on thousands of websites right now that are not crashing

If you're having issues with many of them, I suspect there is a problem with your server configuration, or as I mentioned earlier this could be a memory issue.

Either way, I'm more than happy to look into this for you, but would need a description of the actual problem with as much detail as possible. A screenshot is a quick and easy way to relay the occurrence of an error message.

The thread you linked to that's "not fixed" is over two years old. It's also the result of an incompatibility imposed by how the user chose to setup WordPress. The problem is unrelated to our plugins, and would be something that would have needed to be taken up with his web host.

Rather than posting 20 times in a row, please refrain and make a single post. until we can get back to you. If you need to, you can edit it to add more information

Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.